Vegetable Sandwich Recipe to Refuel You Post Workout
- Team Slurrp
Updated : September 08, 2022 03:09 IST
Sandwiches are perfect to satisfy your hunger post workout!
After a heavy workout session, it’s usually meal time. Your body needs carbs, protein, fats and electrolytes to regain energy and refuel itself. Sandwiches are perfect to have after any workout. Here’s a protein-rich Vegetable Sandwich which is easy to prepare and is wonderful to have post-workout. It hits all your nutritional post-exercise needs.
The sandwich is prepared with ingredients that have quality fats which are important for the human body to function properly. It is a very easy recipe that anyone can prepare. The delicious sandwich is loaded with nutrients.
Here’s how to prepare this delicious sandwich step by step at home
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 4 slices of wholegrain Bread (whole wheat)
- ½ ball mozzarella (cottage cheese can also be used)
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 2 tsp olives
- 2 tsp capers
- ¼ cup basil, fresh (dried basil is also fine)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 small handful oregano, fresh (1 small handful fresh = ½ tsp dried)
- In the first step, chop the cheese, tomatoes, olives and capers and put them into a large bowl
- Now, add the herbs followed by salt and pepper also in the bowl
- Mix all the ingredients with a spoon and mash them a little bit so that all the flavours combine properly. Don’t mash these ingredients completely otherwise the sandwich will not taste so good
- Now take a piece of brown bread or white bread or multigrain bread as per your taste and toast it in a toaster or a pan without applying butter or oil. You can also choose not to toast it as per your taste but if the bread is too soft, it’s better to toast it for a minute
- Next, spread the mix on one of the slices and add the other slice on top. Once done, squish down the bread slices a bit
- Now it’s time to apply oil to the slices. Heat a pan by adding some oil to it and put the sandwich in it. Put a lid on the pan and let it cook for approximately 3-4 minutes. Once the sandwich is cooked from one side flip it to another and cook again. Squish down the sandwich with a spatula occasionally. Both outsides should be cooked properly and the sandwich should be crispy from the outside and melting inside. Once it is cooked, switch off the flame. Now add oregano to the top of the sandwich
- Finally, the awesome sandwich is ready to serve and enjoy
Important Points To Note:
- When it comes to oil, use it more if you’re exercising a lot otherwise you can skip adding oil to your sandwich as per your choice. Either way, the sandwich tastes great
- Don’t over-cook the sandwich or burn it
- You can also put some other vegetables such as mushroom, onion as per your choice
- Put chilli flakes if you want your sandwich spicier
This sandwich can also be prepared with egg. Just put boiled egg and vegetables both and the rest of the steps remain the same. Happy indulgence!