Try These Detox Drinks For Healthy Digestive System
- Nikita Toppo
Updated : September 01, 2022 12:09 IST
These healthy drinks will also strengthen your immunity along with improving your digestive system
Everyone loves eating spicy, sugary and cheesy food, it is very pleasing to the palate but not to the digestive system and as a result we feel discomfort and bloating after eating unhealthy food. However, it is very difficult to quit junk food as the flavour of those foods are irresistible. But eating a lot of junk can affect our digestive and immune system in the long run. But curbing the urge to eat junk food is not the only solution, there are other healthy alternatives like reducing intake and detoxing that can help in relieving discomfort and bloating.
The simplest way to detox your system is switching to healthy detox water, which not only helps in easy digestion but also strengthens the immune system. Detox drinks are easy to make and they are prepared with fresh fruits, vegetables and herbs. As they are made by infusing flavour rather than juicing or blending the ingredients, the calorie content is very less in the detox drinks. They are often recommended in weight-loss and skin-care plans and also helps in keeping the body hydrated.
Here are four easy detox drinks recipes for healthy digestion:
1. Orange-Carrot Ginger Detox
- 1 large carrot
- 2 oranges
- 1/2-inch raw turmeric (crushed)
- 1/2-inch ginger (crushed)
- 1/2 Lemon (juiced)
- Juice the orange and carrot separately.
- Pour the juice in a blender and add turmeric and ginger.
- Blend for 30 seconds and then squeeze half lemon.
2. Cucumber, Lemon And Rosemary Detox
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 lemon (sliced)
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 glass filtered water
- Place all ingredients into a covered pitcher.
- Put pitcher into refrigerator to let cool and infuse overnight.
And your detox drink is ready!
3. Honey-Lemon-Ginger Tea
- 3 cups water
- 1 tsp ginger (finely chopped)
- 3 tsp tea leaves
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey
- In a pan heat 3 cups of water.
- Before it begins to boil add ginger.
- Just as it starts to boil add the tea leaves, lemon juice and honey.
- Strain it into a cup and enjoy!
4. Coconut Water With Lemon And Mint
- 1 coconut
- ½ cup mint leaves
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 lemon
- Break a coconut & empty water in a jug.
- Scrape off coconut meat using a spoon.
- Chop it finely and add it to coconut water.
- Add mint, honey and lemon juice as well as lemon.
- Stir well and enjoy.
Include these amazing and easy detox drinks in your diet and keep your stomach healthy and happy.