4 Wholesome And Easy To Prepare Foods For Summer
- Tavishi Dogra
Updated : April 02, 2022 17:04 IST
Chef Jerson Fernandes shares some healthy ingredients for summer.
How to beat the summer heat? The best practice is to consume plenty of fresh veggies and fruits to stay hydrated. In addition, eating smaller, healthier meals regularly is one of the easiest methods to keep the body cool and strengthen the vitamin content. For example, a colourful salad, a cold soup, or plenty of fresh sides are perfect for summertime! In addition, Chef Jerson Fernandes, Novotel Mumbai Juhu Beach shares some refreshing foods to consume during the summer, beneficial for your body.
- Summer Salads: Salad is one of the wholesomest and most leisurely no-cook meals. You can get creative with the ingredients and try different options. For example, while a vegetable salad is a fair game, fruits like berries and apples can also be added for a cooling taste. Also, including lean proteins (tuna, hard-boiled eggs, leftover poached chicken) and healthy fats (avocado and nuts) will help turn it into a wholesome meal.
- Watermelon: Its pretty red hue means it is a concentrated source of lycopene — the same heart-protective compound found in tomatoes. Try watermelon drizzled with olive oil in a sweet and savoury summer salad, or brush it with oil and grill it. Watermelon will help tolerate the heat and help one feel refreshed.
- Gazpacho: Gazpacho is loaded with nutrient-packed summer foods like tomatoes, cucumber and red pepper. You will get a ton of vitamin C and potassium in this refreshing soup. So add it to your ‘must have’ food list, especially on sultry summer days.
- Berries: All those seeds mean most berries are high in fibre, low in calories and sugar. Additionally, their divine flavour makes them a treat to be savoured. Enjoy them in smoothies with yoghurt and granola, or eat them independently.
- Interestingly, cucumbers, sweet limes, melons, and grapes are good for summers.
- Liquids are an excellent way to replenish the lost fluid.
- Buttermilk, lemon, mint and ginger teas, Aam Panna, and coconut water are cool drinks for summer that keep you cool, aid in digestion, and help eliminate toxins.
Knowing what you are eating and choosing the right ingredients and food will help you stay fit, healthy, and energized through the summer season.