Watch: Try This 20-Second Mango Mug Cake Recipe At Home
- Jasmine Kaur
Updated : July 24, 2022 02:07 IST
For sudden cravings that tickle your sweet tooth, there’s nothing better than a mug cake
At the beginning of the pandemic, the urge to enter the kitchen and create something new was at its peak. From dalgona coffee to feta cheese pasta, several new foods and beverages made their way into our meals. Among them was the rise of mug cakes. Since they are easy to make and satiate the sweet tooth in minutes, they gained popularity very quickly and there were a wide range of mug cakes that were being baked. Given the summer season and abundance of mangoes, the mug cake can also be given a mango-licious touch with this easy recipe.
For the unversed, the concept of mug cakes rose to fame in the wake of hassle-free and easy-to-make recipes at home. Just like regular cake, the ingredients are more or less the same. The only difference lies in the container. Instead of a baking mould and tray, the flour, sugar and milk are whipped in a mug. A simple and easy dessert to replicate at home, the mug cake is the perfect snack for midnight sweet cravings too. Making the perfect use of mangoes and adding a punch of pulpiness to the cake, home chef @onceuponacakepune, shares the recipe of her Mango Mug Cake.
Ready in just 20 seconds, the Mango Mug Cake is a sweet treat for the taste buds that you can try at home.
Mango Mug Cake
• ¼ cup mango purée
• 3 tbsp milk
• 2 tbsp oil
• ¼ tsp vanilla
• ¼ cup castor sugar
• ¼ cup maida
• ½ tsp baking powder
• ⅛ tsp baking soda
• Whipped cream and mango chunks to top
1. To make the mug cake, begin by preparing a mango puree. For that, you need to churn diced mangoes in a blender till it becomes slightly thick.
2. Then pour the mango puree in a mug in which you want to bake the cake. Next, add castor sugar and maida to the mug.
3. Drizzle a spoon of oil and add some milk to it.
4. Whisk it all together. Then add some baking powder and baking soda with some vanilla essence.
5. Whisk it again till bubbles are formed. Then bake it in a microwave for 20 seconds.
6. Take it out and top it with whipped cream and mango chunks.
7. Dig in and enjoy.