Viral: These Unique Ice Cube Momos By Chef Ranveer Brar Are Taking The Internet By Storm
- Aanchal Mathur
Updated : March 27, 2022 02:03 IST
Ice cube momos differ with traditional steamed momos primarily in shape.
Let’s just agree that momos are one of the most popular street-side snacks in India today. The dumpling delicacy has people hooked for years now and there would hardly be anything else that can replace this steamed delight for anyone who loves momos. As a dish, momos have pleased our taste buds in every season, and in many flavours. It has diverse forms: from succulent and juicy steamed momos to spiced up ones and also the crunchy deep-fried momos that enjoys a huge fanbase. And for those who keep experimenting with unique momos, we've got an new recipe that is doing the rounds of the internet - ice cube momos! Surprised? Well, these momos have been introduced by none other than celebrity chef Ranveer Brar, who has left his fans and followers stunned by this experiment. Take a look:
Doesn’t it look super unique? The viral recipe isn't anything like the original dumpling recipe. The primary difference is in shape. Where the original momos are made by stuffing vegetables and meat pieces in separate sheets of dough in a long shape using pleats and folds, which is sealed and steamed, in this viral recipe, the momos are not separately made. Nor are they given the traditional shape. Instead, they are made by using an ice-cube tray. The tray holds the sheets of dough while the holes consist of the stuffing, and is also covered with a whole sheet of dough. The tray is then steamed and served with an interesting garnishing. The momo gets the shape of the ice cube tray.
Here’s the full recipe of Ice Cube momos:
1. Make the dough in the traditional way with flour, oil, water, a bit of vinegar and salt.
2. Rest the dough for a few minutes, and then roll it into thin sheets.
3. Prepare the filling with cabbage, carrots, French beans, paneer, chillies, garlic and butter for the filling. Add salt to the mix of veggies and let it rest for about 10 minutes.
4. Now add oil to the ice tray and then spread a layer of the dough sheet in it. Cut the extra dough from the edges of the tray.
5. Place the filling, cheese and your favourite sauces in the holes of the tray.
6. Cover all of it with another sheet and cut the edges.
7. Keep it aside for a few minutes, and then steam it over water in a shallow pan.
8. Your momos are ready to be served.
Watch the full recipe video for Ice Cube momos by chef Ranveer Brar here:
So far, the video has been viewed over 830k times on YouTube, and the end result looks irresistibly delicious and easy to make too. What do you think about the unique experiment? Will you try it at home? Let us know. And if you are craving some more types of momos, we've got you covered:
1. Fried Veg Momos
2. Afghani Momos
3. Tandoori Momos
4. Honey Chicken Momos