Valentine's Day Special: Time To Treat Yourself With Healthy Indulgences At Home
- Tavishi Dogra
Updated : February 13, 2022 07:02 IST
Smoothie to brownie: This valentine's day, surprise yourself with wholesome goodies at home.
With red hearts popping everywhere, all we would like is to go on that particular date night with our loved ones or gift our loved ones with presents that they deserve. So following are some yummy but delicious indulgences shared by Lead Health Coach and Nutritionist Ms Preety Tyagi (founder of MY22BMI) that you would like to eat on this Valentine's Day.
Chocolate Covered Cherries
- Dairy-free chocolate chips 200 gm
- Frozen dark sweet cherries 100 gm
- Sea salt: 1-pinch
- Melt the chocolate chips properly in a bowl in your microwave. Melt it in 30-second intervals to avoid burning and stir. Keep doing this until perfectly melted.
- Put parchment paper onto a plate, dip the frozen cherries within the chocolate, and set onto the parchment.
- Add sea salt to each and let sit out until completely dry.
Note- The cherries can melt a bit on the inside, and it’s truly unique!
The Heartbeet Brownies
These brownies are cooked with all healthy ingredients and are cute in the shape of hearts, which will take your valentine's meal to a different level. The beets will add that red velvety touch to the brownies, and it's delicious.
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of flax meal
- 1/4 cup of oat flour
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder and a touch of sea salt
- 1 small roasted beet
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- For flavouring: 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
ROASTED BEET INSTRUCTIONS
To make the beet, roast it in the oven at 400 degrees for about half an hour or until tender wrapped in tin foil (a little loose but not too loose). When ready, rub down the skin with a paper towel, and it’ll come off quickly.
HEARTBEET BROWNIE INSTRUCTIONS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease the brownie pan with some coconut oil and put it aside.
- Mix the dry ingredients within the bowl and put them aside as well. Next, add those wet ingredients to the blender, blend them on high, and slowly add the dry ingredients until they’re combined thoroughly.
- Pour it into the brownie dish and bake it for 25 minutes. Let it cool and enjoy!
If you’re doing it with the heart cookie cutter shape, I would like to recommend leaving it in the fridge for some time. Always wash the cookie cutter after each time, so it comes out as smoothly as possible when it comes out. I know the beet isn’t technically a wet ingredient but go with it.
Red Velvet Healthy Smoothie
To have a beautiful-looking drink in your hand is all you would need on a particular day. So, why not have it healthy? So, on the identical note of heartbeet brownies, opt for this drink to make your meal complete.
- 1 small beet, steamed
- 1.5 bananas, frozen
- 1/2 cup of almond milk
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of matcha powder (optional)
- 1/3 cup of dark sweet cherries, frozen
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
Instructions: Bend it all at once and serve it in pretty wine glasses to add that romantic touch.