Sweet and Simple Milk Peda
- Team Slurrp
Updated : August 15, 2022 11:08 IST
Milk Peda is a scrumptious sweet treat which is prepared using only milk only
Milk Peda also known as Doodh Peda is a creamy and delightful sweet fudge-like confection which is mostly available in Indian shops. Peda is traditionally prepared with khoya (dried milk solids), sugar, nuts and some spices. But Milk Peda is prepared with two main ingredients- Milk and Sugar. The ingredients are simmered on the flame until reduced to a thick consistency and then left to get cooled and shaped. This popular treat is easy to prepare at home as well.
Peda is a spherical or round-shaped delicious milk-based fudge treat which are originated in India. There is a large variety of peda which can be prepared such as Kesar Peda, Mathura Peda, Malai Peda and Chocolate Peda. A few more variations can also be done to prepare this peda such as you can add some dried fruits, chopped nuts, fragrant spices and coconut to form a different and flavourful version of peda.
The dish tastes best when prepared with milk and not condensed milk. This peda adds a yummy and lovely touch to any celebration and is a perfect recipe for the next gathering, festival or occasion.
Here is a step-by-step instruction to prepare a simple Doodh Peda recipe (milk peda) at home anytime
Cooking Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
Servings: 8 pieces
• 1.5 litre Milk
• 1/4 cup of Sugar
• 1/4 tsp Cardamom powder
- Take a heavy bottom pan and add milk to it. Boil the milk on a medium flame and stir occasionally. Ensure to stir occasionally otherwise the bottom will burn.
- Once the milk is boiled leave it for 30 minutes. After this gap, milk will get thicker and reduced to half in quantity. When it looks like milk solid, add sugar to it. Blend well and keep cooking on a low flame for a while.
- Mostly sugar makes the mixture quite thin. But it will come together like a mass just after 15 minutes of cooking it again. Once done, add cardamom powder and mix again.
- Once the mixture gets into a shape, transfer it to a big plate.
- Next, take a small portion every time and create a shape just like a peda. You can also give a design to each peda using a fork.
- Finally, dairy-based sweet milk peda or doodh peda is ready to serve. You can also garnish it with some dry fruits such as pista.
Important Points to Remember:
- Ensure to cook in a medium flame in the beginning and when it begins to thicken, cook it in a low flame.
- Stir the mixture continuously to avoid getting it burnt at the bottom.
- You can increase or decrease sugar quantity as per your preference. The above recipe is prepared with moderate sweetness.
- Making peda with 1.5 litres of milk provides 8 to 10 pieces. You can always increase the quantity and make more pedas which can be stored for weeks and devour sometime later.
Milk Peda is a perfect sweet treat for those who love dairy products.