Quick And Yummy Diwali Sweets To Make At Home!
- Team Slurrp
Updated : October 20, 2022 05:10 IST
Make your celebrations more memorable with these recipes
The preparations are in full swing with Diwali just around the corner as it resonates with lights, rangoli, gifts, card parties, dressing up and yummy food and sweets. Happy faces are seen all around and markets keep bustling with last-minute shopping for gifts, clothes and home decor. This year, instead of purchasing sweets from the store, make your own mithai and add a personal touch to your Diwali celebrations. Voltas Beko has a solution if you want to make sweets at home but don't want to bother with elaborate methods. So, if you’re visiting having a Diwali feast at your home or are away from home, here are some easy-to-make Diwali sweets to make your celebrations more memorable!
1. Kaju Katli - The OG sweet without which any celebration is incomplete!
Duration – 12 minutes
Serves – 2
- ½ cup cashews
- 1 and ½ tbsp ghee
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ milk powder
- 1 tbsp milk
- Grind the cashews to a fine powder in a small mixer jar until it is completely crushed. You can also sieve the powder if you feel it is a bit grainy
- Combine the milk, ghee and milk powder in a deep microwave-safe bowl and mix well. Microwave it on HIGH for 1 minute and keep stirring in between after 30 seconds. The large turntable in your Voltas Beko microwave will let you maximise your quantity; for those extra guests that drop by!
- Take out the bowl and add powdered sugar and cashew powder and mix well. Microwave again for 1 minute and let it cool down a bit. Add some ghee when it has cooled slightly, then knead to create a smooth dough-like consistency. Add a little milk if you think the mixture is too dry.
- Place this cashew dough between parchment or butter paper, and flatten it with your hands. With a rolling pin, roll the dough gently until the desired thickness is achieved.
- Cut it into diamond shapes and enjoy!
2. Apple Halwa - Giving a twist to your moong dal/gajar ka halwa!
Duration – 20 minutes
Serves – 2
- 2 apples, peeled and grated
- 1 tsp ghee
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 8 almonds
- 4 green cardamom pods, deseeded and grounded
- 1 pinch saffron
- Pinch of salt
- Melt the ghee in a microwave-safe dish for 1-2 minutes
- Add in the apples and mix well and then microwave on HIGH for 15 minutes.
- Remove the apples and crush them using a wooden spatula and stir well.
- Add in the sugar and microwave for another 10 minutes, stirring in between
- Add in the nuts, ground cardamom and cinnamon and mix well. Microwave for another 10 minutes
- The mixture should have a smooth, shiny, and brown appearance. Grease a flat dish and remove the halwa and place it in the dish. Smoothen out the top and allow it to cool.
- You can also store the halwa in your Voltas Beko refrigerator NeoFrost™ Dual Cooling technology that will help keep your halwa in the ideal condition by regulating moisture, airflow and temperature.
3. Walnut Barfi – to sweeten your bond with your family and friends
Duration – 10 minutes
Serves – 5-6
- 1 cup roughly crushed walnuts
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 4 tbsp milk powder
- 4 tbsp milk
- Pinch of nutmeg powder
- 3-4 tbsp ghee
- ¼ cup mawa
- Add mawa and 2 tbsp ghee in a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 1 minute.
- Combine sugar, milk powder, milk, and nutmeg and keep aside.
- Combine the remaining ghee with walnuts. Keep stirring the mixture for 1 minute. Heat on High for 2 minutes.
- Add milk and sugar to the mix and microwave for 1 minute on High.
- Remove and spread in a greased dish. Keep aside for an hour.
- Cut into squares, and garnish with silver vark (foil).