Popular British Sandwich Chain To Launch Outlet In India
- Aanchal Mathur
Updated : July 01, 2022 06:07 IST
Pret A Manger is sandwich and coffee chain offering organic coffee, sandwiches, salads, and wraps. It is set to launch its first store in Mumbai before March 2023.
Popular British sandwich and coffee chain Pret A Manger is all set to launch in India next year. The news comes after the UK-based sandwich shop franchise chain joined hands with Reliance Brands Ltd (RBL) to open outlets across India, with the first one reportedly coming up in Mumbai before March 2023.
Pret A Manger is a favourite among tourists in the UK, and has 550 shops globally across nine markets - including the US, Europe, and Asia - offering organic coffee, sandwiches, salads, and wraps. Owned by Germany’s billionaire Reimann family, their first outlet opened in London in 1986, and it has since become popular for serving freshly made food and organic coffee. One of the USPs of the brand is that all their food on the menu is handmade, fresh in their kitchen. In fact, going by their website, even the teas, milks and milk alternatives that are used in their recipes are organic. What’s more? Pret also offers vegan-friendly food too. No wonder it’s Bollywood star Kareena Kapoor Khan’s favourite coffee place too. She recently took to Instagram to share how she ‘waited for two years’ to sip on its coffee. Read more about it here. Another thing about the outlet is that whatever they don’t sell on the day goes to charity.
Scrolling through their menu gave us a glimpse of how it pans across so many courses. From a wholesome breakfast of porridge, croissant, baguette, breakfast rolls, and muesli bowl to cold lunch rolls, fruit pots and so much more. Besides, you can get all sorts of coffees, teas, and smoothies too. Here’s the recipe of their popular French Toast.
Image: Pret A Manager
All Butter Croissant French Toast
Butter or oil, for frying
4 large eggs
250 ml milk
2 tbsps granulated sugar
1 tsps vanilla extract
Zest of 1 lemon
3 butter croissants, halved
For the compote:
250 gm blueberries
1 tbsp honey
Juice of half a lemon
1 tsp vanilla paste
2 tbsp water
1. To make the compote, add all of the ingredients to a small saucepan and cook over a medium heat until thick and syrupy
2. In a large, shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla and lemon zest.
3. Dip the halved croissants into the egg mixture.
4. Soak for a few moments, before lifting them out.
5. Let any excess drip back into the bowl.
6. Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan with a little butter or oil over a medium heat.
7. Cook the soaked croissants in the hot pan until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes per side.
8. Serve the French toast with the compote (add a spoonful of yoghurt and a drizzle of honey if you fancy).