Move Over White Sauce Pasta, Try White Sauce Sandwich
- Aanchal Mathur
Updated : September 10, 2022 07:09 IST
An instant crowd-pleaser, this sandwich is sure to impress kids and adults alike
While placing an order for a plate of pasta, the first question that comes to mind is whether to order one with the white sauce or the red sauce. Oftentimes, we have our heart stuck on the creamy, cheesy white sauce pasta. And as much as we love our pasta in white sauce, it never occurred to us as to where else we can use that delicious creamy white sauce, until we came across this super-easy and unbelievably delicious sandwich recipe.
Bringing together the mouth-watering flavours of Italian pasta and the crunchiness of toasted bread, this open sandwich recipe is sure to impress a hungry soul. If you are someone who is always on the lookout for interesting snack recipes to try at home, this white sauce sandwich is the perfect one to try next.
An instant crowd-pleaser, this sandwich is sure to impress kids and adults alike, and mommies are sure to be asking you for the secret recipe. It is perfect for breakfast as well as the evening snack, along with your cup of chai. Bookmark this amazing recipe for times when your cravings are on a spike. You can also play around with ingredients, including the veggies. Creamy on the inside and crispy on the outside, you’ll surely love this sandwich. Here’s the recipe.
For the white sauce:
- 2 tbsps oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 1 small capsicum (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup corn (frozen)
- 2 tbsps refined flour
- 1 cup milk (cold or at room temperature)
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp oregano or mixed herbs
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 3 cheese slices
For the white sauce sandwich:
- 6-7 bread slices
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter
- Heat oil and butter in a pan, and start by sautéing garlic.
- Add onion and cook for a minute on medium heat.
- Then, add chopped capsicum and boiled corn.
- Saute well for a minute on high heat.
- Add minced garlic along with maida, keep mixing and cook for a minute.
- Make sure to not have any lumps. Add milk and keep stirring continuously.
- Now add salt, chilli flakes, oregano, and black pepper. Mix it well.
- When the milk starts boiling, add cheese slices, cook for a few minutes and turn off the heat.
- Now, simply apply butter on bread slices, and toast them from both sides on a tawa with little butter.
- Spread the topping on bread slices, sprinkle some chilli flakes and oregano, and your white sauce sandwich is ready to be noshed on.