How To Make Egg Burritos For Dinner
- Harshita Malhotra
Updated : July 22, 2022 12:07 IST
Amp up your usual burrito by adding eggs in it!
Burrito is a flour tortilla wrapped around a variety of ingredients and is quite popular in Mexican and Tex-Mex cuisine that originated in California. Sometimes the tortilla is shortly toasted or heated to soften, stretch, and help it stick to itself. Because of how tightly they are wrapped, burritos are frequently consumed by hand. Burritos can also be served "wet," which means they are drenched in a flavorful sauce and eaten with a fork and knife. In addition to savoury elements like meat, chicken, or pork, burritos often contain rice, cooked beans (either whole or refried), vegetables like lettuce and tomatoes, cheese, and toppings like salsa, pico de gallo, guacamole, or crema. The Spanish word burrito is short for burro which means "small donkey." The dish's name, burrito, may have sprung from the fact that burritos frequently contain a variety of ingredients, much as how a donkey may manage to carry a heavy load.
Burritos can be stuffed with any kind of ingredients you want but have you tried the egg burrito? The goodness of eggs and mayo oozing out of a soft tortilla is everything you need to satiate your dinner cravings!
You May Also Like
How To Make An 'Eggless' Omelette For Breakfast
How To Make Burgers At Home? Tips For A Delicious Restaurant-Style Burger
How To Make Burritos? 3 Helpful Tips And Tricks You Should Know
Try These 6 Egg Recipes And Make Your Dinner Special
Chettinad Cuisine For Dinner; Know How To Make Chettinad Fish Fry For Dinner
Here's how you can make an egg burrito at home-
1. 2 teaspoons canola oil
2. 1/2 small red onion, diced
3. 1 red bell pepper, diced
4. 1 cup drained, rinsed canned black beans
5. 1/4 teaspoon chilli flakes
6. Salt and freshly ground black pepper
7. 4 eggs and 4 egg whites
8. 1/3 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
9. Nonstick cooking spray
10. 4 (10-inch) whole wheat tortillas (burrito size)
11. 1/4 cup sour cream or 2 per cent plain Greek yoghurt
12. 1/4 cup salsa
13. 1 large tomato, seeded and diced
14. 1 small avocado, cubed
15. Hot sauce
1. In a sizable nonstick skillet, heat the canola oil over medium-high heat. Cook the onions and bell peppers for about 8 minutes until they are softened. Cook for a further 3 minutes, stirring in the black beans and red pepper flakes until heated through. Add salt and pepper, then move to a plate.
2. Whisk some eggs and egg whites together and then add some cheese. Apply cooking spray to the skillet and reheat it over medium heat. Turn down the heat to low and scramble the eggs for about 3 minutes, or until they are fully cooked.
3. Layer 1/4 of the black bean mixture, 1/4 of the scrambled eggs, some chopped tomato, and 1/4 of the avocado on each tortilla after spreading 1 tablespoon each of sour cream (or yoghurt) and salsa on the tortillas. Add spicy sauce to taste for seasoning.
4. Roll it up and serve with the sauce of your choice.