Christmas 2022 - Try These Special Recipes
- Risha Ganguly
Updated : December 20, 2022 00:12 IST
It is Christmas and many of you must be planning to cook roasted duck and chicken. Cautious about what sauce will best pair with your moist Roasted Duck? Worry not, as we have some amazing sides recipes ready for you to explore
It is Christmas and many of you must be planning to cook roasted duck and chicken. Cautious about what sauce will best pair with your moist Roasted Duck? Then a simple homemade Tangy Sweet Orange Sauce is perfect to boost your meal flavours into deliciousness!It’s that time of year again to dish out some favourite Holiday Season classics, and the staple Roasted Turkey dinners with an easy-peasy Cranberry Sauce will delight even the most cautious gastronome!
This holiday season, join us as we deck the halls (and our dinner tables), make tree-shaped everything, drink lots of eggnogs and hot chocolate, and bake as many cookies as we can. And as for the dinner, here are two amazing recipes by Meisterwurst- Authentic German Sausage Manufacturer.
Meisterwurst's Crispy Pre-cooked Roasted And Stuffed Whole Duck
- The Tangy Sweet Orange Sauce is a heavenly homemade yet simple combination of easily available market ingredients that encompass sweet and tangy flavours with just that added hint of citrus to make your dish come alive with a burst of fresh zing.
- Roasted Garlic Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes never fails to please potato obsessions, especially with yummy hint-of-garlic cheese topped off with chopped parsley/chives…a great accompaniment.
- The Roasted Cauliflower Salad with Pomegranate offers tender yet lightly charred edges of crispy cauliflower florets with the tartness and crunch of pomegranate…coupled with sliced spicy red onions.
Ingredients for orange sauce
- 1 Tsp Canola Oil
- 2 large Garlic Cloves finely minced
- 1 Tsp Freshly Minced Ginger
- 2 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 2/3 rd Cup Orange Juice (Jaffa Oranges/Tangerines/Kinnow/Clementines)
- 1 Tsp Orange Zest
- 1/3 rd Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 rd Cup Water
- 1/4 th Cup Light Soya Sauce
- Salt to Taste
- Orange Segments and Roughly Chopped Parsley for Garnish
- Cornstarch Mix
- 1/4 th Cup Orange Juice
- 2 Tbsp Cornstarch
- Heat 1 tsp of Canola Oil in on medium heat in a small saucepan/skillet.
- Add the finely minced ginger and garlic…cook about 2-3 mins stirring until fragrant. Then add to it the brown sugar, rice vinegar, soya sauce, water and orange juice…stirring all the while.
- Turn down the heat and start to prepare the cornstarch slurry…whisk the 1/4 th cup orange juice and cornstarch in a small bowl.
- Lastly, add this cornstarch slurry to the simmering sauce and mix continuously for about 4-5 mins till the sauce starts to thicken nicely.
- Remove from the heat and pour piping hot over your oven-heated Roasted Duck. Garnish with few Orange Segments and chopped Parsley. Delish!
Ingredients For Mashed Potatoes
- 1.2 Kg New/Red Potatoes (Washed, Cut into about 1.5” Cubes, Skin-on)
- 4 Cups Water or better yet…Chicken Stock (for added richer flavour)
- ¼ Cup Butter (60 g)
- ½ Cup Cream Cheese (115 g)
- ½ Cup Heavy Cream
- Salt Freshly Cracked Black Pepper to Taste
- Chopped Chives for Garnish
- Salt to Taste (Sea Salt enhances the flavour more)
- On a medium-high heat immerse the washed and cut skin-on potatoes into a large saucepan or crockpot of salted water…only just covering the potatoes with water…and bring to a slow boil. Using chick stock/broth lends the end mashed potatoes loads of flavour.
- Let it boil on medium to high heat for about 10-15 mins till forkable tender. Drain the water and return the potatoes to a large mixing bowl and mash well till no visible lumps.
- Add into the smashed potatoes mashed-up roasted garlic, cream cheese, butter and salt and cracked fresh black pepper to taste. Mix well till the cream cheese and butter melt and potatoes look fluffy.
- Now slowly add in the heavy cream, little at a time then more…mixing till you have reached the desired creamy consistency. Serve hot garnished with more cracked Black Pepper and chopped
- Chives. Savour lush flavours alongside your Roasted Duck. Delightful!
Ingredients for roasted cauliflower
- 1 Large Head of Cauliflower, cut into medium bite-sized florets
- 1/4 th Large Red Onion, finely sliced long
- 2 Tbsp Canola/Sunflower Oil
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 Tsp Honey
- 1/3 rd Cup Fresh Pomegranate Seeds
- 2 Tbsp Roasted Pistachios/Almonds
- 2 Tbsp Fresh parsley/Chives Finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 218 C.
- Using a large baking tray, spread out the cauliflower florets with the oil, turmeric and cumin powders…then season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for about 20 mins tossing over until the florets are crispy-brown on the edges yet tender and moist inside. Once done, add the lemon juice and honey to the hot florets and let stand to cool a bit.
- Alongside, slice finely the red onion and set aside. Once the cauliflower is no longer hot, add to a large salad bowl, top off with the sliced red onion, pomegranate seeds, roasted nuts and parsley or chives.
- Serve as a side at room temperature with your Roasted Duck. Belissimo!
Meisterwurst's Crispy Pre-cooked Roasted And Stuffed Whole Chicken
- Being prepared with a few versatile handy Sauce Recipes and Veggies can really make all the difference in your roast chicken. All your need is a few simple ingredients already in your kitchen which will do wonders to elevate and transform any Roast Chicken.
- The Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce is a delectably light and buttery fragrant sauce that can be prepared in less than 20 minutes.
- The Caramelized Roasted Carrots garnished with chopped parsley or cilantro makes the perfect accompaniment on a roast platter.
Ingredients for the lemon garlic butter sauce
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 6 large Garlic Cloves finely minced
- 1 Large Lemon’s Juice and Zest
- 6 Tbsp Butter
- 1-2 Tbsp finely chopped Cilantro/Parsley
- On medium heat add the olive oil and butter in a small saucepan/skillet. Heat till just sizzling.
- Add the finely minced garlic…cook about 30 seconds stirring until the fragrance wafts through the air.
- Take off the heat, add lemon juice and zest along with the parsley. Season with salt to taste, stir well and generously pour hot over your oven heated Roasted Chicken…fragrant and bright. Delicious!
Ingredients For Roasted Carrots
- 2 Bunches Carrots with the Green ends, trimmed and washed
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar (for the caramelization)
- 2 Tbsp Butter, Melted (salted or unsalted)
- 2 Tsp Fresh Finely Chopped Cilantro/Parsley
- 2 Tsp Chopped Toasted Nuts (pine nuts, hazelnuts, etc)
- Freshly Cracked Black Pepper to Taste
- Salt to Taste (Sea Salt enhances the flavour more)
- Preheat the oven to 176 C. Line a baking tray with aluminium foil.
- Arrange carrots separately in a row on the baking tray without overlapping…larger carrots can be sliced into half…lengthwise, for even cooking.
- Spread the melted butter over all the carrots using a silicone brush. Sprinkle the brown sugar evenly and then crack some fragrant whole pepper over the carrots.
- Bake for about 20-25 mins in the oven or until browning and tender to touch. Make sure to keep checking as the butter and brown sugar can cause quick burning.
- Once done, remove from the oven…add the salt/sea salt to taste and garnish with the chopped cilantro/parsley. Generously sprinkle the toasted nuts for that extra crunch. Enjoy!
Trying these recipes and sides will not only make your Christmas treat more happening, it would definitely make it wholesome and unforgettable.