Cheese Corn Balls: Delicious Cheesy Balls That Melt Into The Mouth
- Team Slurrp
Updated : September 20, 2022 15:09 IST
These cheesy balls stuffed with corn and capsicum melts in the mouth
Cheese is the most loved ingredient not only among children but even adults. One can find varieties of recipes made out of cheese which taste delicious. The recipe of corn cheese balls shared here not only tastes amazing but also is super easy to make.
The outer layer of the ball is crispy and crunchy because of the coated bread crumbs all around and the inside layer just melts into the mouth. The balls are made of boiled potatoes, capsicum and corn along with spices like pepper, chilli flakes and oregano. The texture is super creamy and soft because of the boiled potatoes and the cubed cheese stuffed inside. The corns and capsicum add a bit of crunch to the balls giving a balance of texture and flavours.
Cheese making started well over 7,000 years before written history. Since ruminant stomachs naturally contain rennet, keeping and transporting milk in them would cause the milk to curdle, leading to the accidental development of cheese and other dairy delicacies. It's possible that cheese-making began in Europe, Central Asia, the Middle East, or the Sahara, although there is no concrete evidence to support this.
A fantastic source of calcium, fat, and protein is Cheese. In addition, it is rich in riboflavin, phosphate, zinc, and the vitamins A and B12. The general nutritional profile of dairy products that are conventional, organic, and grass-fed is comparable, according to the U.S. Dairy. They contain omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. The health of the heart and metabolism depends on omega-3 lipids.
- 1/4 Cup whole Corns
- 1/4 Cup Mashed Corns
- 1/4 Cup grated Cheese
- 3 Medium Potatoes Boiled & Mashed
- 1/4 Cup Capsicum fine Chopped
- Salt to Taste
- Pepper to Season
- 1/2 Tsp Red Chilli Flakes
- 1/2 Tsp Oregano
- 1 Tsp Crushed Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Cornflour
- 2 Tbsp all purpose Flour
- Oil for Frying
- 1/2 Cup Bread Crumbs
- Water as required
- Few Small Cheese Pieces
- To prepare the mixture for cheese balls add all the ingredients (boiled mashed potatoes, corn, capsicum, grated cheese, spices and seasonings) in the mixture, except for cheese cubes and mix them together, check for seasoning and adjust
- Take a small portion of the mixture (the size of a ping pong ball), place a cheese cube in the centre and cover it with the mixture, roll to shape it into a round and repeat the same for the remaining mixture
- Mix together flour, salt, and water to make a slurry. Dip the balls in the slurry and then dunk them in bread crumbs.
- Coat the crumbs evenly and then deep fry them on moderate hot oil till the outside is golden brown in colour
Remove and serve hot.
These mouth-melting cheese corn balls could be served as a starter at your next house warming party.