5 Healthy Ice-creams You Can Make At Home Easily
- Tanisha Salwan
Updated : August 26, 2022 07:08 IST
Did you just say ice cream?
I scream, you scream, we all scream for Ice-creams. Who doesn’t love ice-creams and why not? Ice-creams are something that relaxes us and takes us to foodie heaven. There are so many reasons to love ice-creams. From having plenty of flavours to being a perfect thing to have in every season, we just cannot say no to this frozen delight. People may like different flavours of ice cream, but a sense of love for it remains the same.
Rather than fussing over what to eat for dessert, you can just bring out the ice cream and get your dessert game sorted. Besides, ice-creams are your perfect companion whenever you are feeling sad. But many people do think that eating too much ice cream could be harmful as it has so many calories. But you need not worry as we have your back. We have brought a list of healthy ice-creams for you that you can make at home without fuss. Have a look.
Chocolate Banana Ice-cream
Bananas can really boost the flavour of our dessert with their taste and of course, their health benefits are so many. What could be better than having healthy and delicious ice cream with chocolate and bananas with a punch of peanut butter? Let us see how you can make it.
- Take a bowl and add 4 frozen peeled bananas, ¼ cup cocoa powder and 2 tbsp peanut butter.
- Also, add ¼ cup of fat-free milk. Blend the ingredients properly.
- Freeze for 2 hours and scoop out when done.
You always thought mint goes well with mojitos but what if we tell you they are also a good match when it comes to having healthy ice-creams? Follow the steps and have it ready in no time.
- Take a bowl and add chunks of four frozen bananas.
- Add ½ tbsp mint extract and 3 tbsp roasted almonds or other nuts.
- Add ¼ cup fat-free milk and grind everything together.
- Transfer the mixture into a container and freeze overnight.
Tender Coconut Ice-cream
We cannot disagree on this but coconuts are the best thing we have on this planet. It could be used in a plethora of dishes and desserts, so why not ice cream? See how you can make it.
- Blend ¾ cup grated coconut and ½ cup water to extract coconut milk.
- Take a blender and add coconut milk, ½ tender coconut pulp, 2 tbsp jaggery, ½ tsp cinnamon powder and a pinch of salt.
- Grind together and freeze the mixture overnight or for 7 to 8 hours.
Date, walnut, and fig ice-cream
Nuts like date, fig and walnuts are packed with so many nutrients and an ice cream made up from them would be hands down, the healthiest. Besides, it is very easy to make it at home. Let us see the process.
- Add ¼ cup dried figs and ¼ cup dates. Combine them with ¾ cup of fat-free milk in a pan. Let them cook for 5 minutes.
- Cool the mixture and blend them into a smooth mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and add 2 tbsp soy milk, ¼ cup chopped walnuts and 1 tbsp jaggery.
- Mix well and put the mixture into a container.
- Freeze it overnight and once the mixture is partially set, blend once again.
- Again, freeze it and serve when the desired consistency is achieved.
Oats Milk Banana Ice-cream
This is another version of healthy ice cream you can make at home. This concoction of oats, bananas and milk is full of nutrients and is utterly delicious. Follow the process to make it.
- Take a bowl and add 2 cups of oats milk, little stevia drops and a pinch of salt.
- Also, add one mashed banana and some choco chips for better taste.
- Whisk everything together and pour it into a container.
- Freeze overnight or until the desired consistency is achieved.