Urad Dal Khichdi is a nutritious and delicious meal to have during your weight loss journey.
One of the well-known lentils used in the southern region of Asia, especially in Indian cuisine, is urad dal, also known as split black gramme. Urad dal is bursting with numerous health advantages and is high in protein, fat, and carbs. Additionally, one of the best sources of protein and vitamin B is urad dal. In addition to being healthy, urad dal is renowned for being delicious and appealing to all palates. Urad dal is simple to make and is also good as a side dish. Additionally, it is often utilised in a variety of culinary dishes like dosa, papad, and vada. Both Ayurveda and conventional treatments use urad dal, which is incredibly nutritive. Masha is the ayurvedic word for urad dal. When it comes to weight loss, urad dal khichdi is the best option you can have for dinner. It is delicious and highly nutritious. The dish also has a high satiety value that will keep you full for a longer period.
Here's how you can make Urad Dal Khichdi at home-
1. Rinse the urad dal in clean water. For one hour, soak the dal in water. Rice should also be rinsed until the water is clear. Soak the rice for 15 minutes.
2. When you're ready to make khichdi, drain the rice and lentils completely.
3. In a pressure cooker, melt ghee at a moderate temperature. Add Cumin seeds, asafoetida, red chillies, cloves, cinnamon, and black cardamom. Cook for 20 minutes.
4. Add diced onion. Cook onion until it turns light brown for a minute.
5. Stir in the turmeric, red chilli powder, and lentils (dal), and cook for exactly one minute. This process improves the khichdi's flavour.
6. After that, add the rice and stir well in the pressure cooker with the remaining ingredients. Add salt, garam masala, and water. Then, taste the khichdi liquid and season as needed with additional salt or spices.
7. Lock the pressure cooker's lid. For two whistles, cook khichdi on low to medium heat. Allow the pressure cooker's steam to escape naturally.
8. Use a fork or spoon to fluff the khichdi after lifting the lid.
9. Serve hot