These Indian Broccoli Recipes Are A Game-Changer
- Risha Ganguly
Updated : October 07, 2022 01:10 IST
Broccoli is one of the easiest vegetables to cook and eat, with minimum calories
The fall season is upon us, only to give way to the mighty winters. And the winter season is full of amazing joys, including the availability of almost every green vegetable that there is. One of these green vegetables is broccoli. This green, cauliflower looking vegetable can be used to cook an array of dishes – right from salad to stir fries to pasta to noodles. It is one of the easiest vegetables to cook and eat, with minimum calories.
Even though broccoli is known to be of the healthiest vegetables, let us look at its benefits before proceeding.
- It removes toxins from the body.
- It helps to maintain healthy and radiant skin.
- Protects the eyes against cataract and helps maintain healthy eyes.
- It provides relief from stomach disorders.
- It strengthens the immunity system.
Now, let us look at two Indian style broccoli recipes that would turn out to be a total game-changer for you.
- 250 gms diced broccoli
- 1 medium diced potato
- 1 sliced onion
- 1 sliced tomato
- 1 tbsp garlic chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger grated
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- Salt as required
- Mustard oil
- In a pan, boil some water and salt and add broccoli florets to it.
- Blanch for 5 minutes and drain the water.
- In another pan, heat the oil.
- Add diced potatoes and fry till they are slightly golden.
- Add chopped garlic, ginger and onions and cook till onions are brown.
- Now, add tomatoes and cook for another minute.
- Slowly add the blanched broccoli.
- Now, add all the powdered spices in a bowl and mix with a little water to form a thick paste.
- Add the paste to the broccoli and mix well.
- Cover the lid and cook for 8-10 minutes on medium flame.
- Your broccoli masala is ready to be served with hot rotis or parathas.
Broccoli stir fry
- 300 gms broccoli
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 capsicum chopped
- 2 tbsp garlic chopped
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- Salt as required
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Lime juice
- In a pressure cooker, add water, salt and broccoli florets and cook till one whistle.
- Drain the water and keep the broccoli aside.
- In a pan, heat up the butter.
- Add chopped garlic and cook till it turns golden.
- Add the sliced onions and cook till brown.
- Now, add the boiled broccoli florets.
- Cook for 2 minutes and add capsicum.
- Now, add the chilli powder, salt and pepper.
- Cover the lid and cook for 8-9 minutes.
- Open the lid and see if the broccoli is cooked.
- Add chaat masala.
- Remove from heat and squeeze lime juice.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Your stir-fried broccoli is ready to eat.
These two dishes will provide a much-needed change to your taste buds that must have been bored eating the same boring broccoli in soy sauce or in salads. Try these recipes and make eating broccoli fun.