The Spicy Stuffed Bell Peppers Served On Your Plate
- Team Slurrp
Updated : September 11, 2022 22:09 IST
Stuffed Bell Peppers is a dish usually assembled by filling cavities of the peppers and then roasting or baking it
Stuffed peppers is a dish consisting of hollowed or halved peppers filled with any variety of fillings, often including vegetables, cheese, rice or sauce. Stuffed bell peppers can be spicy or bland depending on the stuffings.
Stuffed peppers (bharwan mirch or bharwa hari mirch) is one of several stuffed vegetable dishes. It consists of bell peppers stuffed with cooked meat, potatoes and onions and seasoned with chilli, turmeric, coriander, cilantro, salt and lemon juice. The peppers are then either browned in a frying pan or baked in an oven until scorched.
Mirchi bajji or pakora is a chaat (street food) item and is a hot favourite during the monsoon and cooler months. In Mumbai and western areas of India, the big green chilli pepper is stuffed with a roasted, spiced flour mix and fried. In the South, the big green chilies, similar to Hatch chilli peppers, are dipped in a flour batter and fried. It may be accompanied by chutneys and sauces. In Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu, some of the smaller but more potent chilies are also stuffed and fried, especially as a side to rice.
The bell pepper is the fruit of plants in the Grossum Group of the species Capsicum annuum. Like the tomato, bell peppers are botanical fruits but culinary vegetables. Pieces of bell pepper are commonly used in garden salads and as toppings on a pizza. There are many varieties of stuffed peppers prepared using hollowed or halved bell peppers. Bell peppers (and other cultivars of Capsicum annuum) may be used in the production of the spice paprika.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 3 - Bell Peppers
- 3 Tbsp - Mozzarella Cheese
- Few Sprigs - Coriander Leaves
- 1 Tsp - Oregano
- 1/2 Tsp - Red Chilli Powder
- 1 Tbsp - Red Chilli Sauce
- 1/2 Tsp - Sugar
- 1 - Boiled Potato (Chopped)
- 100g - Paneer (Chopped)
- 1 - Tomato (Chopped)
- 1 - Green Chilli (Finely Chopped)
- 1 Tbsp - Garlic (Finely Chopped)
- Heat oil in a pan, once the oil is hot, add onions, let them cook for a few seconds
- Add garlic, green chilies and de-seeded tomatoes
- Add boiled potatoes, paneer, black olives
- Add red chilli powder, red chilli sauce, sugar, dried oregano, chopped coriander leaves, and salt
- Mix all the ingredients well, once done turn off the flame and let it cool down for five minutes
- Once the filling cools down, add grated mozzarella, mix well
- Once done set aside
Stuffed Bell Peppers
- Chop the capsicum into half and deseed it
- Fill the capsicum cups with the filling
- Garnish it with grated mozzarella cheese
- Place the capsicums on a baking tray and bake them at 180 degrees celsius for about 10 - 15 minutes
The most common colours of bell peppers are green, yellow, orange, and red. Other colours include brown, white, lavender and dark purple, depending on the variety.