Stuffed Capsicum Recipe For A Classic Summer Platter
- Tavishi Dogra
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
Are you planning lunch with friends and family? Try this super filling, easy to prepare stuffed capsicum recipe.
Known by various names in several countries, stuffed pepper is one recipe enjoyed by foodies worldwide. Stuffed capsicum is a unique method of adding a tint of flavour to your monotonous dinner or lunch scenarios while being healthy. Where else would you find cheese with corn and fresh veggies packed in one? For ages, the recipe of stuffed peppers has been reinterpreted creatively. For example, do you know what stuffed capsicum is known in Mexico? ‘Chile Rellenos', a mixture of veggies with cheese and meat, loaded into poblano peppers (available locally). In Tunisia, stuffed peppers are named ‘Fil Fil Mashi’, where bell pepper is filled with rice and lamb, sprinkled with saffron, cardamom and nutmeg. Likewise, in India, the famous ‘Shimla mirch bharwa’ has undergone several stages of transformation.
So here's an easy Indian-style stuffed capsicum recipe for you to try at home:
You May Also Like
3 Classic Summer Cocktails To Try For Your Next Party At Home
Long Island Iced Tea: A Classic Summer Cocktail You Must Try
Eco-Friendly Filter Coffee Capsule Invented by Kerala Students
Vintage Interiors And Classic Plates Define This Café
Stuffed Capsicum: The Easy and Nutritious Recipe For Vegetarians
- 150 grams of cooked spiced rice with turmeric and chilli flakes
- 125 grams of cheese, corn cobs, peas and pomegranate
- 1/2 tbsp of coriander powder, black pepper and turmeric
- 1-2 tablespoon of olive oil, chilli powder and salt
- 3 potatoes and capsicum (medium-sized)
- Half a shredded carrot and ginger
- A bunch of mint stalks
- 2 to 3 cloves of garlic
- Heat some oil in a vessel and fry chopped onions with cumin seeds.
- Add capsicum, potatoes, corn cobs, carrot, peas and rice, too.
- Add grated ginger to the mix and let them cook for a minute.
- With a cup of water, add pepper and salt so that each ingredient is prepared well.
- Your stuffing is ready. Now add pomegranate and cheese to decorate.
- Deseed the capsicums while opening them. Form a cavity while scrapping their interiors altogether.
- Fill the mixture in them and decorate with diced coriander and cheese.
- Now to roast these stuffed peppers, get a hot container with some oil.
- Your 'Bharva Shimla Mirch' is ready to be served.