Sandwich Without A Bread? Chef Pankaj Bhadouria Made It Happen
- Tanisha Salwan
Updated : September 30, 2022 14:09 IST
Yes, you can have a sandwich without bread!!
We love sandwiches for many reasons. It is the easiest, quickest and tastiest snack you can have literally at any point of the day. But have you ever thought of sandwiches when bread is not around? Yes, it is possible. You can make a sandwich without bread and no, we are not joking.
You can sandwich from a quintessential ingredient that could be found in every single kitchen. We are talking about potatoes. This potato sandwich is tasty as well as delicious. You know what, this delicious recipe has been shared by our beloved chef Pankaj Bhadouria. So, without any further delay, let us tell you a quick recipe shared by the chef on her YouTube channel. Have a look!
For the Potato Bread
- 4 large Potatoes
- 2 tbsp flour
- ½ tsp salt
- For the Sandwich filling
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- Oregano to taste
- chili flakes to taste
- ¼ cup corn
- ¼ cup chopped capsicum
- ¼ cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp chopped chilies
- Salt to taste
- Finely grate the potatoes in long strands using the largest eye of the grater.
- Immerse the grated potatoes in cold water for 2-3 minutes.
- Drain and squeeze out all extra moisture.
- Add the flour, and salt and mix well.
- Add 2 tbsp oil to the pan. spread out the grated potatoes on the pan and press well. Allow the potatoes to cook on medium heat, pressing well all the time to ensure it comes together.
- When the underside is golden, flip and cook on the other side too till golden.
- Meanwhile, prepare the stuffing for the sandwich. Mix together all the ingredients except the cheese slices.
- Spread the desired quantity of stuffing on half the potato bread, and place cheese slices over it for extra cheese flavour.
- Cover with the remaining half of the potato bread and press.
- Cook till the stuffing too is cooked. Remove from pan. brush with garlic butter for extra flavour.
- Cut and serve the sandwich.