Rich Peanut Laddoos: Loaded only with Goodness and No Sugar
- Team Slurrp
Updated : August 03, 2022 12:08 IST
Yummy Peanut delicacies made with jaggery, ghee, love and warmth to make any day a special day
Looking for a yummy dessert to indulge on a daily basis? or Finding desserts that are Healthy ? Sounds weird, right? But these Peanut Ladoos are the answer. They are today a popular and typical household delicacy. These gorgeous Peanut Ladoos are really effortless to make and combine only 3 ingredients: roasted peanuts, jaggery, and ghee. Peanut and Jaggery combines to form a flavourful and nutritious fusion. The trio is super-healthy and a power-pack treat having numerous benefits. Relish this dessert after meals or as a yummy as well as a healthy snack at home!
So, What is Laddoo ?
Laddoo is a 4 dimensional, Indian round sweet delight. No specific occasion can be celebrated without the good luck charm of Laddooos – be it a baby birth, inauguration of new home or business, festivals, weddings and so on. Laddoos loaded with immense love and blessings mark the people’s new beginnings and happiness as a sign of delight. The globules made up of either Besan, motichoor, nariyal or boondi have gained popularity throughout the globe. Each regional laddoo has its own unique personality and is infused with awesome tastes, history and nostalgia.
Peanut Ladoos are aka Shengdana Ladoo in Marathi, groundnut ladoo in English or mungfali ke ladoo in Hindi. Since the1940s these chewy and sweet candies have been sold commercially. They are originally from Kovilpatti.
Tamil Nadu (South India). Once upon a time, Laddoos were consumed to treat illness. In the 4th century BC, the Indian surgeon Susruta utilised Laddoos as an antiseptic to cure his surgical patients. He made the medicine using a mixture combining honey, peanuts, jaggery, herbs and sesame seeds, that we now affectionately refer to as Til Laddoo. Laddoos are still given to expectant women and new moms as a way to enhance their immunity. The elements ought to treat colds, ease digestion, lower blood pressure and more.
Cooking time – 30 minutes
Preparation time – 30 minutes
Serving – 8 Ladoos
- 1 cup Peanuts
- ½ cup Jaggery, powdered
- ½ teaspoon Cardamom powder
- 1 tablespoon Ghee
- On a skillet, heat a frying pan with a thick-bottom,
- Add 1 cup of raw, dried peanuts while maintaining the heat at low to medium.
- Keep stirring in gaps and roast the peanuts till they become crunchy. Make sure they do not taste raw, bitter or hard. Cool and keep aside.
- Now, rub the peanuts between your palms to remove their skin. Keep rubbing them until all the skin peels off.
- Separate the skin and the peanuts.
- Take a mixer and transfer the peanuts into it. Grind coarsely.
- Add powdered jaggery and grind once again to form a smooth and fine paste.
- Take out the paste in a large mixing bowl. Then add in cardamom powder and ghee. Mix thoroughly.
- Now make small balls by placing required portions of the ladoo mixture between your palms.
- Continue the procedure to make more laddoos.
- Store laddoos in an air-tight container.
- Serve healthy and without sugar Peanut Ladoos to cut down your cravings.
So, make yourselves a jar full of yummy Peanut Ladoos and savour the benefits along with the taste!