Rich and Creamy Sweet Corn Kheer
- Team Slurrp
Updated : August 15, 2022 07:08 IST
Sweet Corn Kheer is a delicious and healthy dairy-based dessert
Whether it’s a grand family affair or a simple get-together at home, Kheer also known as payasam is one of the desserts that is served at the end of the meal in India. Delicious and Creamy, Kheer is a simple dessert which can be prepared in no time. One of the tempting variants of kheers is Sweet Corn Kheer. It is a healthy, tasty and thick recipe which is prepared with fresh corn also known as makai and milk.
The blend of corn with thickened milk in this kheer is mouth-watering and the addition of cardamoms gives a nice overall flavour to the kheer. This dessert doesn’t need much effort and can be prepared quickly in large quantities. The Sweet Corn Kheer can be served warm as well as chilled
Although rice is mostly used to make kheer there are so many other varieties of kheers as well which can be prepared easily at homes such as kheer with fruits or vegetables.
Let us check out the recipe for Sweet Corn Kheer.
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
• 1 Cup Sweet Corn (fresh or frozen)
• 2 cups and 1/4 cup of Milk
• 2.5 tsp Sugar
• 1 tsp Ghee
• 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
• A few Saffron Strands
• Cashew and Almond Dryfruits
- If you are using corn cob to make the dish then grate the corn first after that measure one cup of sweet corn. Now, put it in a mixer jar and add 1/4 cup milk to it.
- Blend them in a grinder to form a paste. Now, leave it for a while. Now take a cooking pan, heat the pan and put ghee on it.
- Add sweet corn paste to this pan and cook it on a medium-low flame and stir it constantly.
- After continuous stirring and cooking for a while, moisture will evaporate from sweet corn paste. Also, once the raw smell is lesser and the mixture leaves the pan, turn off the flame. By now the colour of the mixture will also turn to a darker shade.
- Next add milk to the pan and let it cook on low flame for a while until it thickens.
- Now, add sugar, cardamom powder, saffron strands and roasted nuts to the pan. Let it boil for 2 to 3 minutes and switch off the flame after that.
- Finally, sumptuous and delicious sweet corn kheer is ready to win your heart.
Important Points To Note:
- You can use any frozen or fresh sweet corn to make the dish.
- The recipe requires less sugar as sweet corn is naturally sweet. So adjust the quantity of sugar as per your taste.
- Ensure the consistency of the Sweet Corn Kheer while serving as it thickens with time.
Both the main ingredients of the dish are beneficial for health. On one hand, sweet corn is a rich source of vitamin C and dietary fibre and on the other hand, milk is rich in calcium.