Republic Day Special: Healthy Tricolour Recipes That You Can't-Miss
- Tavishi Dogra
Updated : January 27, 2022 14:01 IST
Here are three tricolour recipes to value patriotism on Republic Day.
This January 26, we will celebrate our 73rd Republic Day. A day when the constitution was framed marks the celebration of a republic. To commemorate the same, a few dishes like the tricolour halwa, tricolour pinwheel sandwich and carrot tikki are a perfect way to celebrate Republic Day with you. These quick and unique dishes can be an ideal way to celebrate patriotism everywhere in our nation. So let’s move in some fast and peaceful recipes soaked in our flag colours. These tricolour recipes rejuvenate the essence of our national flag and are scrumptious and healthy.
- 4 tsp cardamom powder
- 4 tsp grated coconut
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 8 tsp sugar, jaggery
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup rice
- 1 orange
- 1 kiwi
- Wash rice thoroughly in water.
- Heat water and coconut milk.
- Put rice, sugar in hot water, milk and cook for 10 minutes.
- After cooking, add cardamom powder and vanilla to it and let it cool down for a while.
- After cooling, you can put kiwi in a cup, then put rice on top of it, and finally, you can decorate it with oranges.
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp amchur powder
- 2 tsp green chutney
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- Green chilli and oil
- Salt to taste
- 2 potatoes
- 3 tsp curd
- 3 carrots
- Mix the grated potatoes, carrots, chopped chillies, salt, amchur powder, cumin powder all well.
- Now make all the mixture into a small patty.
- Fry them with little oil until they become light brown. Garnish each carrot tikki with curd green chutney and serve.
TRICOLOUR PINWHEEL SANDWICH
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tsp green chutney
- 4 carrot pieces
- 4 bread pieces
- 2 tsp butter
- Mix mayonnaise, carrot pieces, salt, pepper together and set aside.
- Take fresh bread and remove the outer layer from around the bread.
- Apply butter on the bread well and then place the other bread on top.
- Roll it with a rolling pin, then apply some green chutney on it.
- After this, sprinkle salt pepper on it and pour the mixture prepared with carrots on top of it.
- Slowly roll this sandwich and keep it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
You can make all the above recipes on Republic Day and enjoy them while watching the parade.