Have You Tried These Refreshing Iced Teas Yet?
- Tavishi Dogra
Updated : January 27, 2022 14:01 IST
Tulsi-Green Tea: Apart from numerous uses, the natural taste of this beverage is also beneficial in rejuvenating the body.
Intertwining green tea with tulsi, the queen of herbs, provides miraculous benefits. To begin with, green tea is a preferred herbal drink of choice for many, as it offers several advantages - it helps fight allergies, strengthens teeth and gums, improves skin and regulates blood sugar level, etc. The antioxidants and phytonutrients in the beverage protect the body from free radicals, improve metabolism and strengthen the immune system. It is packed with nutrients that instantly perk you while supporting a healthy metabolism. This, in turn, aids in reducing excess weight.
Holy Basil, also called tulsi, is one of the predominant apoptogenic herbs prescribed by Ayurveda. Both modern and ancient research stand by its effectiveness in managing stress. It has the unique distinction of calming a stressed body and perking up an inactive one. Tulsi is also rich in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, and therefore, in India and the neighbouring South Asian countries, it has been a part of household remedies since time immemorial. Moreover, Tulsi counters metabolic stress by normalising blood glucose, blood pressure and lipid levels. In addition, the wonder herb has a positive effect on memory and cognitive functions.
The combination is power-packed with nutrients, making tulsi-green tea one of the healthiest rejuvenating and refreshing beverages. Apart from its many benefits, its natural refreshing taste is also beneficial in rejuvenating the mind, body and soul.
Tea Cooler Recipes By ORGANIC INDIA
With Tulsi Sweet Rose
- 1-2 tulsi sweet rose tea bags
- 1-litre water
- 2 lemons
For liquid jaggery:
- Add 1 glass of water to 1kg jaggery and heat it up
- After it turns into liquid jaggery, keep it aside and use in it iced tea
- Make tulsi sweet rose tea using 1-litre water and 12 tea bags of tulsi sweet rose – boil the water and infuse the tea bags for 4-5 minutes. Then, remove the tea bags.
- Freeze this infusion in the freezer till it turns to ice
- In a blender, take 2 cups of tulsi sweet rose ice, add 3 tbsp of liquid jaggery, juice of 2 lemons, plus 2 glasses of water (the quantity of liquid jaggery and lemon can be increased or reduced as per taste)
- Blended iced tea is ready to serve
With Tulsi Original
Ingredients (for two servings)
- 2 tbsp honey or stevia or any sweetener of choice
- 2-3 tea bags tulsi original
- ½ lemon
- Pour 2 water mugs into a saucepan; bring it to a boil. Infuse 2-3 teabags of the tulsi original for 4-5 minutes. Remove tea bags and let them cool; keep them in the refrigerator for cooling
- In a blender, take 5-6 ice cubes, add the original tulsi infusion, juice of ½ lemon, and sweetener of choice (2 tbsp honey/ stevia/ any other sweetener of choice, a sweetener is optional depending on taste preference)
- Blend and serve iced tea
Note: It can be made from a tulsi sweet rose or tulsi original.