Red Wine Sauce: The right choice for a juicy Chicken
- Team Slurrp
Updated : September 11, 2022 06:09 IST
Enhance the flavour of your chicken using red wine sauce to add richness and robust flavour, and make your guests a hearty meal
Red wine is an exciting ingredient to bring a little colour and satisfaction to the dish. Red wine as an ingredient makes a really good option for stewing and is slowly becoming a staple in every kitchen. Pair this sauce to impart the desired, lip-smacking, juiciness to the chicken. Slow cooking is the key to its characteristic taste. Tender cuts of chicken taste are relished more with red wine sauce. Sauces like this not only help in providing colour and flavour but also maintain the moisture content, hence a rich, zesty flavour is achieved.
Wine sauce in culinary is readily used with stock, butter, herbs, spices, onions and garlic. Primarily, the reduction process of wine is used for making sauce to be used in chicken. This makes the flavour sharper and provides the required colour, especially to the non-vegetarian items. Topping red wine sauce over noodles or rice is also a great combination.
Process of Making Red Wine Sauce for Chicken Breast
Chicken breast cooked in red wine sauce, Image Source: Pexels
Use the red wine sauce to simply drizzle it over the chicken or use the sauce while cooking: stir frying method. The ingredients are easily available for making red wine sauce and is a quick recipe too.
- 1 tablespoon butter if you have no drippings
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic or garlic paste
- ¼ cup minced red onions
- 1 cup red wine of your choice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2-3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 cup beef stock
- 4 tablespoons roughly chopped parsley leaves
- 3 tablespoons butter
Instructions to Prepare Red Wine
- In a pan, melt some butter and stir until soften
- To this, immediately add one tablespoon minced garlic and one-fourth red onions
- Time to add red wine, beef stock, balsamic vinegar, and fresh thyme sprigs
- Mix all the ingredients and turn the flame medium high heat
- Let this mixture thicken, which will take about five minutes
- Remove the thyme from the sauce and turn the heat low
- Add some more butter (about three tablespoons)
- Season with salt and pepper
- Garnish with parsley
Using Red Wine Sauce with Chicken
Prepare Marinate: Season the chicken in a dish. Pour the wine over it. Add thyme and garlic and leave for 30 minutes
Cooking Chicken in Red Wine Sauce:
- In a frying pan, heat oil and butter to fry the chicken till a nice brown colour appears. Keep this fried chicken aside
- Heat some oil in a pan, and add onion to fry till they soften. Now, add the chestnut mushrooms and let it get brown. Add the marinate and let this mixture cook over high heat till it becomes half in quantity than the original.
- Add the stock and chicken. Finally, season and cover the lid to allow slow cooking for about 15 minutes.
Chicken with Red Wine Sauce makes a delicious meal that does not require much ingredients. Make your family dinners hearty and worth remembering using red wine. Fresh ingredients and herbs along with red wine are an easy combination to make delightful meals.