Poached Eggs With Spicy Walnuts And Avocado By Chef Anahita Dhondy
- Tavishi Dogra
Updated : April 02, 2022 18:04 IST
Omega-3 Rich Recipe That You Will Surely Eat On Repeat
You probably know that walnuts are the only tree nut that is an excellent source of plant-based omega-3 ALA. Also, the many ways omega-3 can help improve your health, primarily heart and brain - whose result is our ongoing campaign ‘Power of 3’. According to the Advances in Nutrition literature review, ALA may have a potentially beneficial role in preventing cardiovascular diseases, including stroke and heart attack. So add these nutrition nuts to your diet with a delicious yet easy recipe and boost your overall health.
Indian-Style Poached Eggs With Spicy Walnuts And Avocado – Chef Anahita Dhondy
Consider an utterly poached egg, seeping with creamy and rich yolk almost like a cheese sauce - set on a crisp, toasted bread slice layered with zesty walnuts and avocado. Are you in breakfast heaven yet? Because we are! This Indian-style poached eggs recipe with spicy avocado and crunchy walnuts deserves a spot on your breakfast repertoire because of that yummy description. In addition, it provides you with a healthy dose of omega-3 ALA.
- 3 avocados
- 1 onion
- 1 tomato
- 2-3 green chillis
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 20g crushed walnuts
1. Dig out the avocado flesh in a bowl.
2. Add chopped onion, tomato, green chillies, coriander, olive oil, crushed walnuts, lemon juice, and salt and pepper.
3. Mix it with a whisk and keep the chill in the fridge.
4. Add water and simmer it in a pot.
5. Meanwhile, crack an egg in a butter greased bowl. Spice it with pepper and salt. Keep water in the bowl.
6. Wrap it with a cover and let it cool for three minutes.
7. For plating, put a big spoon of walnut avocado.
This delectable list of recipes is our way of helping you incorporate plant-based omega-3 ALA in your daily diet - because we care. It is part of our ‘Power of 3’ campaign that encourages spreading awareness about the importance of omega-3 and the message of including a handful of omega-3 rich walnuts in daily diet to ensure a healthy and happy community.