It is a delightful recipe to serve along with butter roti or pao
Bhurji recipes are extremely famous, especially in urban cities. It is served widely on roadside dhabas and restaurants. It is a quick, healthy and delicious recipe as compared to those traditional curries. Mostly, the bhurji recipes are prepared with egg but the same texture and taste can be achieved by adding paneer instead of egg.
Gravy Paneer Bhurji is a delicious dish prepared with crumbled paneer and a blend of spices. It is a flavourful dish which is mostly served during lunch and dinner. The recipe is liked by kids as well as adults and you can always prepare it when you are in a hurry or looking to prepare a different recipe with paneer.
Let’s check out the recipe for this yummy Gravy Paneer Bhurji.
Cooking Time: 50 minutes
• 3 tsp Oil
• 1 Bay Leaf
• 2 Dried Red Chilies broken and stem, seeds removed
• 3 Cloves
• 3 Black Peppercorns
• 2 Green Cardamoms
• ½ inch Ginger Chopped
• 2 cloves Garlic Chopped
• 1 Green Chilli Chopped
• 3 medium or 2 cups Tomato Chopped
• 200 grams Paneer Grated
• 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
• ½ cup Red Onion chopped
• 1 tsp Red Chilli powder
• 1 tsp Coriander Powder
• ½ tsp Cumin Powder
• Salt to taste
• ⅓ cup Capsicum chopped
• ⅓ cup Red Pepper chopped
• ⅓ cup peas (matar)
• 1 cup of Water
• 1 tsp Kasoori Methi (dried fenugreek leaves)
• ½ tsp Garam Masala
• 2 tsp Heavy Whipping Cream or Fresh Cream or Malai
• 2 tsp Cilantro or Coriander Leaves finely chopped
• Let’s prepare tomato gravy first, heat 1 tsp of oil in a pan on a medium flame. Once hot, put bay leaf, dried chilli, cloves, peppercorns and cardamom to it. Saute them for a few seconds
• Once you smell a nice aroma of spices, put chopped ginger, garlic, and green chilli to it. Now, saute all the ingredients for approximately 2 minutes
• Next, add chopped tomatoes. Cook until tomatoes get soft. Once done, switch off the flame and let the mixture cool down
• Once the mixture is cool down a bit, add grated paneer to it
• Next, make a fine puree out of cooked tomatoes
• Now, heat the remaining oil again on a medium flame. Once hot put cumin seeds and let them crackle
• Once done add chopped onions and put a little salt to speed up the cooking process. Cook until the onion gets golden brown
• Put prepared tomato gravy in the pan and combine them. Cook until all the moisture evaporates. The puree might splutter a bit while cooking therefore cover the pan with a lid. Keep stirring occasionally and ensure that gravy is not getting burnt or sticking to the bottom of the pan. It will start leaving the edges of the pan once cooked
• Next, put red chilli powder, coriander powder and cumin powder into the pan. Mix well and cook for 2 minutes
• Put green pepper, red pepper followed by peas and mix again
• Add water to make gravy consistency. Now, let it simmer for approximately 4-5 minutes.
• Add garam masala followed by kasoori methi and combine them.
• Now put grated paneer and stir properly. Simmer for approximately 2-3 minutes and adjust the gravy consistency by putting more water as per your preference
• Next, add heavy cream. Stir properly and turn off the flame
• Garnish the recipe with chopped cilantro. Finally, Grave Paneer Bhurji is prepared to serve hot
The creamy, delicious paneer bhurji is ready to be served with hot phulkas.