Palak Paneer is one of the healthier and tastier vegetarian dishes of all.
Paneer is often referred to as the king of vegetarian food as it is healthy and tasty at the same time. There are a number of dishes that can be prepared using Paneer. Among its gravy dishes, Palak Paneer is adored highly by Paneer lovers and it often surpasses other Paneer dishes like Paneer Do Pyaaza, Kadai Paneer, Malai Paneer, etc. Palak Paneer is a signature dish of Indian cuisine which is basically prepared by mixing paneer into the thick paste of Palak (i.e. Green Spinach). The reason behind this is Palak itself, which gives a tasty gravy to paneer and also makes the overall dish spicy.
The Relation Of Palak Paneer And Punjab:
Palak Paneer (or Saag Paneer) actually originated from Punjab and now it is not only limited to Punjabi cuisine but a crucial vegetarian gravy dish of northern India. Palak (or Saag) is consumed during the winter season and grown in Punjab, so traditionally the dish became a part of Punjabi cuisine. This can be related to Sarson Ka Saag, as it is also a signature Punjabi dish Green Mustard Spinach is also a winter crop grown during the winter season in Punjab. Well, Sarson Ka Saag and Palak are two different Spinach and cannot be considered the same.
3. 1 Bunch of spinach leaves
4. 3 tbsp Ghee
5. 1 tsp Cumin seeds
6. 1 tbsp Garlic
7. 4 to 5 Dry Red Chillies (Finely Chopped)
8. 2 Onions (Finely Chopped)
9. 1 Tomato (Finely Chopped)
10. 1 tsp Coriander seed powder
11. 1 tsp Garam Masala powder
12. ½ kg Paneer
13. Fresh Cream
1. Take some water in a vessel and boil it. Now add salt, and spinach leaves and keep them in the boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes and then transfer it to cold water
2. Let the spinach cool down and then grind it into a nice puree
3. Heat a wok on low medium and add ghee, cumin seeds, garlic, red chillies, and onions and saute to it and wait until it turns soft. Now add tomato and keep cooking it till they get soft
4. Then add coriander powder, and garam masala, mix it well and add the spinach puree along with salt and give it a good mix.
5. Add paneer, and cook it on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes. Take it out in a bowl and garnish it with fresh cream.
6. So finally our delicious and tasty Palak Paneer is ready to serve on the dinner table.
You can also add a few slices of cheese over the Palak Paneer for garnishing. Also, Palak Paneer can be served with a side like roti, naan, paranthas, makki di roti, or boiled rice.