Mushroom Cheese Sandwich: Indulgent And Yummy Breakfast
- Team Slurrp
Updated : September 07, 2022 02:09 IST
Quick sandwiches made with mushrooms and cheese
When we look for a simple and wholesome breakfast, sandwiches figure on top of our list, for the ease of preparation and freedom to use an unlimited mixture of delicious fillings. Among many stuffings, cheese creates wonders for a sandwich with even the simplest of spiced potato and veggie fillings. And how about combining Cheddar cheese along with lightly-fried, spicy mushrooms? Well, it would magically turn up into a mouthful Mushroom Cheddar Cheese Sandwich, addressing concerns of both nutrition and taste. The making of the filling involves sauteing mushrooms with onions, garlic, pepper and salt to get perhaps one of the richest vegetarian sandwich alternatives for a non-veg one.
The Earl of Sandwich, John Montagu who is famously accredited to be the inventor of sandwiches should be thanked enough for this extremely comforting, exciting and satisfying finger food. Interestingly enough, the name sandwich has nothing to do with the kind of food it is, but it owes to the name of the town Southeast England. It originated in England in 1762, but fast forward to the 21st century, it's a universal dish without which our list of breakfast and evening food is incomplete.
Myriad ways and varieties of making sandwiches have been devised today, and are invented constantly. Some of the most popular Indian ones include Grilled Chicken sandwiches, Egg Sandwich, Corn cheese sandwich, Aloo Grilled Sandwich, Paneer Bhurji Sandwich, Mixed Veg Sandwich, and Bombay Veg Sandwich.
Here’s the recipe for Mushroom Cheese Sandwich.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10-12 minutes
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 cup mushrooms
- ¼ cup onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- Salt, to taste
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 slices of brown bread
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- Heat oil in a pan, add mushrooms to it and stir for a few seconds, and then add onions to it and saute with the mushroom for 4-5 mins.
- To this add garlic, and salt and saute them together for 2-3 mins.
- Now turn off the gas, add black pepper, mix with other ingredients gently and let the fried mushroom cool for about 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, take 2 slices of bread and sprinkle cheese on one slice, and then lay down the mushrooms, a little more cheese over it and cover this bread slice with another slice.
- Heat the pan again, apply butter on one side of the sandwich and place it with the butter side down on the pan.
- While the butter side is roasted, apply some butter on another side as well, and then flip the sandwich to cook until golden on the other side too.
- Turn off the flame and serve the sandwich by cutting diagonally into two halves.
Eat the sandwich immediately after it’s made, as both melted cheese and mushroom wouldn’t taste as flavourful as they would when freshly cooked. You can use the bread of your choice, whether it’s multigrain, white bread or brown bread. The spices and herbs can be adjusted and changed variously according to one’s preference.