Make These Chapli Kebabs Under 15 Minutes!
- Risha Ganguly
Updated : October 19, 2022 15:10 IST
Try these instant chapli kebabs out and taste the magic yourself
We are on to the festive season and the most in-demand food during this time are snacks that can be made quickly for a big crowd. And they become even more amazing if they are as effortlessly delicious as some of these other more time-taking dishes are. Chapli kebabs are just that. They are easy to make and very, very quick, with minimal preparation time, but taste as good as some of the most complicated kebabs. Let us see how to make these delicious kebabs, within just 15 minutes and impress all your guests and visitors.
Before we jump on the recipe of chapli kebabs, let us look at a brief history of kebabs. As per the famous scholar Ibn Batuta, kebabs were a part of the royal diet since 1200 AD, which is one of the earliest mentions of the dish. While there are several versions of how kebabs came into being, one of the popular ones seems to be that hungry soldiers, out for war, discovered kebabs. They would stick meat on their swords and cook them in fire to eat, and this is regarded as the crudest version of kebabs. Some popular kebabs of India are shami kebab, galauti kebab, chapli kabab, seekh kebab, kalmi kebab and reshmi kebab.
You May Also Like
Viral Hack: Make Paratha Under 10 Minutes Without Even Kneading A Dough!
5 Breakfast Ideas: Bread Recipes To Prepare Under 15 Minutes
Quick Chicken Snack: How To Make Chicken Popcorn In Under 20 Minutes
Karwa Chauth: 5 Recipes Under 30 Minutes For A Post-Vrat Feast
What Makes Chapli Kebab A Meat Lover’s Dream Come True?
Quick and easy chapli kebabs
- 750 gms minced chicken
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- Salt as required
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp amchur powder or chaat masala
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 finely chopped onions
- 1 finely chopped tomatoes
- 4 tbsp besan
- 1 egg
- 5-6 chopped green chillies
- 4 tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Ghee for frying
- In a mixing bowl, add the minced chicken and besan.
- When they are completely mixed, and there are no lumps, add the egg.
- Mix the egg properly.
- Now, add the powdered spices and make a thick mixture.
- When you see that the consistency is right, add in the chopped vegetables.
- Now, make slightly big balls out if the mixture and flatten them like tikkis, but bigger in size.
- In a flat pan, heat up some ghee.
- Put your tikki shaped kebabs on the ghee and fry both sides till golden brown.
- Serve with green chutney and onions.
This simple recipe will not only help you save some valuable time in kitchen, it will also give you a regular snack option for both, guests and your family. Try these instant chapli kebabs out and taste the magic yourself.