Lemon Garlic Cream Sauce for Chicken Breasts
- Team Slurrp
Updated : October 14, 2022 13:10 IST
Add a bit of freshness and richness through lemon garlic cream sauce to make the weekend chicken fab…ulous!
For an easy, quick and taste-enhancing chicken condiment, opting for lemon-garlic cream sauce has to top the choices. Lemon and Garlic together are a great combination, especially when it comes to chicken recipes. Baking chicken in the lemon-garlic mixture along with other spices is right what one needs to make a filling recipe. The zesty lemon flavour brings life to the regular chicken. The creaminess will add richness and bulk to the recipe leaving you satisfied. Make your weekend dinners wonderful by adding amazing flavours from lemon and garlic.
The lemon-garlic cream sauce is a versatile sauce that complements many non-vegetarian dishes including chicken and fish. Garlic has a typical pungent flavour which makes the dish savoury. While lemon is a perfect ingredient for adding freshness and bringing out or helping enhance the other flavours of the chicken ingredients. The advantage of using these two ingredients together is that it Adds flavour during as well as after cooking.
You May Also Like
Try This Homemade Recipe Of Buttermilk Cheesy Chicken With Lemon Pepper Sauce
There’s Mush-room For Garlic And Cream In Here
How To Make The Perfect Korean Cream Cheese Garlic Bread
Vegetables In Hot Garlic Sauce; Chinese Touch To Dinner
Grilled Chicken With Tarragon Sauce: Juicy Meat In Creamy Sauce
Despite the options of poaching, baking, roasting, frying or any other cooking style, chicken breast requires utmost care for it is prone to drying if overcooked. It may also become chewy. The use of sauces after cooking is to enhance the taste and maintains the cooked flavour.
Baking could be the easiest method of cooking boneless, skinless chicken breasts, the only point to take care of is to check the internal temperature after achieving the baking temperature as the chicken continues to cook even after taking out from the oven.
- 2 chicken breasts
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 lemons
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 ½ cup white wine
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
For the sauce
- In a pan, heat butter add garlic and let it saute for about a minute (keep stirring)
- Add lemon juice, chicken broth, white wine, sugar and lemon slices to the same pan
- Simmer the flame and allow the mixture to cook for at least fifteen minutes; the endpoint is softening of the lemon slices
- Mix cornstarch and flour in a teaspoon or two of water and add to the pan. This step thickens the sauce further
- Continue cooking on a medium flame until desired thickness is achieved. This should take another five minutes
For the Chicken Breasts
- Flatten the chicken breasts using a pounding method so that uniform cooking can be achieved. The resultant thickness should be at least half an inch
- Before starting the seasoning, pat the chicken and use paper towels to dry. This helps in soaking more oil and butter and can cook nicely on the pan. If the thickness is appropriate, it will take about ten to fifteen minutes to cook
- Add the seasonings
- Check the thickest part of the chicken for its colour; the thick part should be pink if cooked instead of white
- Combine the sauce ingredients and simmer in the flame till it thickens. Let it keep cooking till the desired thickness is achieved. Also, take care that the sauce is coated thoroughly on the chicken
- Adjust salt and pepper
- Serve with some lemon wedges, and optionally squeeze some lemon on the top too
The lemon-garlic cream sauce has an incredible flavour to smother the chicken pieces and make the overall flavour divine. Relish the amazing flavours through lemon and garlic to be added to the chicken and make it more delicious and lip-smacking.