Here’s How You Can Make The Viral ‘Cloud Bread’ At Home
- Tanisha Salwan
Updated : September 22, 2022 13:09 IST
A guilt-free bread coming your way!
We all know that it just needs a single trend to take the internet by storm. One such trend that shook up the internet was cloud bread, bread without carbs. A bread that too carb-free, could be a dream of this generation. It is not just its appearance but its guilt-free components. Let us see a little more about it.
Made with egg whites, corn starch, and sugar, cloud bread is high-protein and has a fluffy texture. It looks like a cloud and its texture has attributed to its name. It has a texture similar to cotton candy and people also add colours to make it even prettier. Besides, it could be made just with 3 ingredients. It has low carbs and high protein content because of the egg whites with which it is made. Besides, cloud bread also lacks gluten and grains and this makes it a perfect bread alternative for those suffering from celiac disease. The most enjoyable part of this bread is that it looks good!!
But do you how to make it? Don’t worry! We have your back. Here is a quick recipe of this cloud bread that you can make at home. Follow the steps below and thank us later!
- 4 egg whites
- 3 tsp sugar
- 4 ½ tsp corn starch
- Vanilla essence
- Food colouring (totally optional)
- First, preheat the microwave to 180 degree Celsius.
- Take a bowl and add egg whites to it.
- Start beating the egg whites until it attains a bubbly texture.
- Now add sugar and start whisking the mixture again.
- Then add corn starch and whisk everything together until you achieve stiff peaks.
- Now vanilla essence and food colouring (if you want).
- Take the baking tray and place parchment paper over it.
- Add the whipped cream concoction to it and shape it like a dome.
- Make sure to get stiff peaks before you put the batter for baking.
- Ensure that your oven is not too hot as it would ruin the consistency.
- It is advisable to use an electronic whisker to achieve the desired consistency.