Fennel Tea Recipe: Here Are 9 Miraculous Properties Of Saunf
- Tavishi Dogra
Updated : April 24, 2022 12:04 IST
Author, Dietitian, And Public Health Expert Swati Bathwal explain how fennel seeds consumption can benefit health.
Fennel seeds are abundant in medicinal properties and are beneficial for people of all ages. In addition, fennel seeds provide numerous health benefits and contain ingredients like calcium, sodium, iron and potassium. Swati Bathwal (school textbook author “let’s magnify health and physical education for 6th-12th standard”, dietitian and public health) explains how its consumption can benefit health.
Health benefits of fennel seeds
- Stomach problems: Fennel seeds help get rid of constipation, gas, and stomach-related problems. Grind the fennel with sugar, make a powder; drink about 5 grams of the powder with mild lukewarm water at night.
- Fennel seeds for eyesight: Do you know your vision can be improved by consuming fennel seeds? First, grind fennel and sugar in equal proportions. Then, take one teaspoon of it with water in the morning and evening for two months, and it can boost eyesight.
- Diarrhoea: Chewing fennel with vine pulp in the morning and evening improves digestion and helps cure diarrhoea.
- Digestion: Make a powder by mixing fennel, cumin and black salt. Take this powder with lukewarm water after meals, as it is an excellent digestive powder.
- Cold and cough: Fennel seeds are very beneficial when during cough. Take 10 grams of fennel extract mixed with honey to get rid of coughing.
- Nausea and vomiting: Chewing roasted fennel seeds will provide you relief in morning sickness. You can also boil sugar and fennel seeds in water and drink them two or three times a day.
- Burning sensation: Suffering from burning sensation in the hands and feet? Grind an equal amount of coriander with fennel, and mix 5 to 6 grams of sugar. You will get relief in a few days of its consumption.
- Fennel seeds for sore throat: Do you know that chewing fennel seeds clears the sore throat too? Chewing it on an empty stomach cures the symptoms of a painful throat.
- Glowing skin: Eating fennel seeds is very beneficial for the skin; it purifies the blood and makes it glow.
To make a perfect fennel drink or tea:
- Boil 2 tablespoons of fennel seeds (moti saunf) with 250 ml water.
- Add 1-2 sprigs of mint leaves and sip them after your meals.
Takeaway Tips By Swati Bathwal
- Eating excess fennel seeds or drinking fennel tea can cause constipation. 2 cups should be enough.
- It can also aggravate cough in some people, causing asthma. So be careful.