Cucumber And Peas Sandwich: Tried These Tasty Appetisers, Yet?
- Team Slurrp
Updated : September 08, 2022 23:09 IST
A delicious and healthy appetiser option for you
Sometimes, a sandwich may be exactly what you want when you're hungry. It's not surprising that sandwiches are one of the most popular lunch options today given the heartiness of the bread, the protein, and the delectable toppings in between. This Cucumber And Peas Sandwich recipe is ideal when you're in the mood for something like a hydrating and refreshing snack.
Regardless of whether you identify yourself as a vegetarian or not, these sandwiches will win your heart. With just very few ingredients, like peas, cucumber, mayonnaise, butter, and bread, you can make this meal that is delicious and healthy. Vitamin- and antioxidant-rich cucumbers aid in weight loss and maintain optimum hydration in the body. They are also filled with minerals.
Peas follow closely behind and have an abundance of minerals, protein, and fibre. This delicious sandwich is a health-conscious person's dream. Use this recipe to satisfy your hunger during small gatherings or eat it during lunch to stave off the munchies. There are several occasions where you can serve it as a finger food, including kitty parties, potlucks, buffets, lunch boxes, picnics, and road trips. You can even pack it for a picnic or a road trip. This hydrating sandwich is ideal for the summer, when the sun is relentless. So, if you're ready to make this simple recipe for this refreshing treat for your family and friends, keep reading.
Here’s the recipe for Cucumber And Peas Sandwich.
- 8 slices white bread
- 1½ large cucumber
- 125 gms plain greek yoghurt
- 30 ml virgin olive oil
- Powdered black pepper, as required
- Thousand Island dressing, as required
- 250 gms peas
- 1½ tbsp lemon juice
- 15 gms parsley
- Salt, as required
- A handful of lettuce leaf
- Start by rinsing the green peas under running water to make this delicious meal.
- Use a pestle and mortar to further grind them.
- Now, wash and peel the cucumbers.
- After that, cut them into circles/rounds and set them aside.
- Now add the greek yoghurt, lemon juice, and oil in a big bowl.
- After thoroughly combining them, add the peas and parsley.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Last but not least, cut the bread slices diagonally.
- Then, cover both sides with a thin layer of thousand island dressing.
- Place a lettuce leaf on one side and top it with a cucumber slice.
- Scoop the pea and yoghurt mixture out of the bowl and spread it over the upper part.
- Put the two sides together now, then do the same with the remaining bread slices.
Put them on a serving platter and serve with your preferred beverage, serve the light snack and savour it.