Egg Salad Sandwich: The Ultimate Post Exercise Sandwich
- Team Slurrp
Updated : September 07, 2022 15:09 IST
It is a healthy Egg Sandwich which is loved by all fitness freaks!
An egg salad sandwich is one of the easiest sandwiches to prepare in the world. It can be made within minutes and is rich in vitamins, protein, zinc, and iron. The sandwich is perfect to have post-workout and the main ingredient of this sandwich is an egg. All the other ingredients can be customized as per your taste. The sandwich is prepared worldwide but each state has its way of preparing it. This sandwich is served in many restaurants as well.
This healthy sandwich can also be served as breakfast along with some juices. It is a delicious meal option for people of any age and is good to serve during the winter season. It is extremely loved by kids as it is cheesy as well as healthy. Egg Salad Sandwich is prepared with simple ingredients and can be made for quick bites as well. Check out the recipe to prepare this flavourful sandwich quickly at home.
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 3 scrambled Egg Whites
- 1 slice of low-fat Ham
- 1 slice of Cheddar Cheese
- 2 slices of Whole Grain Wheat Bread, lightly toasted
- Tomato, sliced
- Onion, shopped
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- First, boil the eggs on a low flame. Switch off the flame once the eggs are 90% boiled. Now, leave them aside for a while
- Now, take 2 slices of white bread or brown bread as per your choice and put them on a plate
- Next add lettuce, onion as well as tomatoes to one slice of the bread.
- Next transfer these eggs to a plate and remove the outer covering. Once done, scramble the eggs and put them on top of the bread
- Add ham as well on a slice of bread
- Now put some mayonnaise on top of all the ingredients. At the end add salt and pepper as per your taste
- Finally, use the remaining piece of bread to close the sandwich and squish it a bit. Delicious Egg Salad Sandwich is ready to eat. Enjoy it
Important Points To Note
- You can add more vegetables also as per your taste
- This sandwich can also be prepared without adding vegetables. It can be prepared with egg, cheese and ham only
- You can also toast this sandwich on a pan at the end
- You can skip adding salt and pepper as per your choice
- Instead of adding mayonnaise you can also put butter or toast the sandwich in oil
- Don’t over-cook the eggs otherwise they will break inside the pan only
Egg Salad Sandwich can also be included in your breakfast meal once a week as it is high in protein and vitamins.