Christmas 2022: 2 Yummy Recipes By Chef Gaurav Ramakrishnan
- Nikita Toppo
Updated : December 13, 2022 11:12 IST
Christmas is a festival that gives an opportunity to meet your family, friends and treat them with lip-smacking recipes. From cakes to cocktails, this festival is all about feasting on delectable delicacies. Here are two yummy Christmas recipes by Chef Gaurav Ramakrishnan, Head Chef, Hyatt Centric, Bengaluru.
The bells of Christmas have already started ringing, just few more days to the grand festival. Markets are also ready with Christmas tree and other decorations. It’s a festival to meet your family, friends and treat them with lip-smacking recipes. From cakes to cocktails, Christmas is all about feasting on delectable delicacies.
You May Also Like
Christmas 2021: This Yummy Roasted Parsnips Recipe Is Sure To Make Your Festivity Merrier
Christmas 2021: These Christmas Recipes By Chef Ranveer Brar Are Droolworthy
Ramadan 2022: Fasting or not, you got to try these yummy dark chocolate dates
Ramadan 2022: Here are 4 'Iftar special' weight-loss recipes by top chefs
This Ramzan Savour Some Dalcha Gosht Hyderabadi By Chef Gaurav
Cakes are the top-most attraction of this festival. From varieties of flavours to gorgeous frostings, these sweet delights are on high demand during this festival. A lot of people also bake their Christmas cakes at home. But this is not the only item that is popular on the dinner table during the celebration. There are other sweet treats as well that you can make on Christmas such as kulkuls and puddings.
Here are two yummy Christmas recipes by Chef Gaurav Ramakrishnan, Head Chef, Hyatt Centric, Bengaluru.
1. Plum Pudding
- 300 gm breadcrumbs
- 75 gm flour
- 5 gm five spice powder
- 5 gm baking powder
- 300 gm butter
- 300 gm brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 15 gm salt
- 875 gm-soaked fruits (assorted dry fruits and nuts soaked in rum)
- To start with, cream the butter and sugar
- Add 1 egg at a time slowly, beating the mixture continuously.
- Add all the dry ingredients to the wet mixture.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking tin. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 170 degrees for 45-50 mins.
- The baked pudding can be checked for done ness with a toothpick. If the toothpick comes out dry, then the pudding is all set to serve.
- Enjoy the pudding warm or at room temperature.
2. Stollen Bread
For The Sponge:
- 312 gm flour
- 200 ml milk
- 15 gm yeast
For The Dough:
- 312 gm flour
- 350 gm butter
- 30 gm marzipan (almond paste)
- 30 gm sugar
- 15 gm salt
- 500 gm-soaked fruits (assorted dry fruits and nuts soaked in rum)
For the sponge mix:
- Mix all the ingredients well together. Keep it in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Make a soft dough with the ingredients mentioned, except the soaked fruits.
- Then the sponge mix and the dough need to be mixed together. Add the soaked fruits to this dough. Mix well for a minute.
- Cover the dough with butter paper and let it rest for another 20 minutes.
- In a pre-heated oven, bake at 180 degrees for 30-35 mins.
- The delicious stollen is ready to serve. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Try these recipes and have a merrier Christmas.