Are You Aware Of These Cholesterol-Reducing Herbaceous Foods?
- Tavishi Dogra
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
5 foods to lower cholesterol levels in your body.
Did you know that cholesterol intake in large amounts increases the body weight and risk of a heart attack? Cholesterol is like a vitamin and mineral. Apart from food, cholesterol is also made in the body through the liver. The leading cause of obesity is increased cholesterol in the body. Consumption of fat-rich foods such as pastries, types of cheeses, meat, snacks increases the amount of cholesterol in the body. Fast food, junk food and over-fried foods have high cholesterol levels. But this change can be avoided by making some changes in the diet. Know easy ways to reduce cholesterol-
- Lemon: Drink a glass of lemon water every day in the morning. If you are trying to lose excess fat, then drink it every two hours. The daily use of lemon reduces the amount of cholesterol in the body.
- Honey: Use honey instead of sugar every day to reduce cholesterol. Put two spoons of honey in a glass of lukewarm water, squeeze one lemon in it, and drink it every morning and evening.
- Soybean: Soybeans contain a protein called isoflavones, which reduces the cholesterol and excess fat present in the body. In addition, it inhibits the growth of fat-enhancing cells.
- Water: Drink plenty of water every day. Water reduces excess fat and controls the amount of cholesterol present in the body.
- Curd: Daily intake of curd reduces the cholesterol and fat present in the body. Eat yoghurt/curd two to three times a day.
Good cholesterol is beneficial for the body, but bad cholesterol accumulates in the blood cells and increases the risk of heart disease. To reduce cholesterol in the body, the following foods should be consumed in high amounts:
- Green, leafy vegetables (including radish, carrots, methi) and pulses
- Garlic, onions, ginger and asafetida, etc., lower cholesterol.