Chicken Tandoori Pizza: At-Home Pizza With Earthen Flavours
- Team Slurrp
Updated : August 22, 2022 18:08 IST
Homemade pizzas are soft, cheesy, and delicious in every bite
The list of marketed fast foods is endless. From burgers, garlic bread, and fried chicken to chicken popcorn the list is never-ending. Among this vicious list of food items is the most loved Pizza. The soft flatbread, layered with melting cheese mixed with the topping of choice and baked in the wood fire, Pizza is a delight and heaven in every bite. There is nothing by far that can match the taste of Pizza and the cheese melting off it. The best thing about Pizza is that even if the toppings of chicken or sausages are removed and replaced with greens and herbs, it will taste equally delicious.
The Cheesy Origin Of Pizza
It is a known fact and the credit goes only to the genius in Italy for having invented the goodness of Pizza. According to various historical findings, referring to a book published in 1799 there are mentions of pizza as dough that is covered in tomato sauce and cheese.
Other pieces of evidence point toward baker Raffaele Esposito from Naples for inventing the genius Pizza. However, the modern pizza is also an evolution of flatbread dishes from Naples that have been prevalent since the 18th or early 19th century.
As for the term Pizza, it is said to have been first documented in 997 AD in Gaeta, from where it smoothly moved to different parts of Central and Southern Italy.
For pizza base:
- 2 cups All-Purpose flour
- 1 ½ cup Curd
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- For toppings:
- 250 grms Chicken
- 1 tbsp Tandoori Masala
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper Powder
- ½ tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chillie Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Green Chillie paste
- 3 tbsp Curd
- Half a cup of cut-up Baby Onions
- 1 tsp chopped Jalapenos
- Julian Green Capsicum and Tomatoes
- 1 cup Corn
- 1 packet of Mozzarella Cheese
- Transfer the flour into a bowl. Add the dry ingredients – baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt. Give it a good mix with the flour. Then add the oil and mix again.
- Now slowly add the curd to the flour and start kneading the dough. Make sure to knead with the curd and not add any water. It will form into a sticky dough. Rub some oil on the surface, cover, and let it rest for about half an hour.
- Over medium heat, place a pan and add two tablespoons of oil. Add ginger garlic green chilli paste and let it fry. Now add the dry spices along with the chicken pieces. Give it all a good mix and then add curd. Mix it well and keep it stirring to avoid the curd from splitting, until it starts to bubble.
- Let the chicken cook in the spices for about five to seven minutes until it becomes dry. Remove from the heat and separate the chicken from the oil.
- Now punch the dough to let the air out. Sprinkle some dry flour and transfer the dough to the kitchen counter. Knead it a bit and then cut it into three equal portions. Start to roll out the dough into flat bread.
- Grease a plate with oil or butter and then place the rolled-out dough over it. Now poke into the dough with a fork. Smother it with pizza sauce, spread cheese, vegetables, and lastly the chicken.
- In a deep container add salt, place a high stand and cover it. Let it heat up and then over the stand, place the plate. Cover and let it cook for over 15 minutes. Slice and Serve.
It is a little time consuming than what one can order from the shot, but the taste of this pizza will be at any given point the best. With every bit of it being made from scratch, this homemade pizza is not only healthy but flavorful in every bite. Since the dough can be made at home easily, making any kind of pizza is easy now.