Chicken Pizza Pinwheels: Roll On A Cheesy Delight
- Team Slurrp
Updated : September 09, 2022 03:09 IST
These bite-sized pizza-tasting delicacies are the best answer to hunger pangs
Among the taste-wise appealing delicacies that mothers make for their children in order to make them eat food, there are many food items that contain cheese. Since cheese is one thing that makes food appealing for children to consume. One such dish from the long list of appetizing foods is the Chicken Pizza Pinwheels. Made with a generous amount of pizza sauce, fried spiced chicken, and oodles of cheese, these Pinwheels are a great replacement for the huge pizza slices. At the same time, the rolls keep the stuffing intact and easy to eat.
Rolling through the history of the Pizza Roll
It was somewhere at the onset of the 1960s in Duluth, Minnesota, the United States a product was started by food industry entrepreneur Jeno Paulucci, which replaced the traditional filling used in a Chinese egg roll with pizza toppings. The businessman was already famous for specialising in canned and frozen Chinese food. And by 1967 Jeno's began using the Pizza Rolls trademark. Until 1985 the Pillsbury company bought the rights of Jeno’s Pizza Roll.
- 250 gms Boneless Chicken
- ½ tsp Cumin Powder
- ½ tsp Coriander Powder
- ½ tsp Red Chillie Powder
- ½ tsp Black Pepper Powder
- ¼ tsp Food colour
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Green Chillie Paste
- 1 tbsp Curd
- 1 tsp White Vinegar
For the Dough:
- 1 cup Maida
- 1 cup Curd
- 1 tsp Oil
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Sugar
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tbsp Pizza Sauce
- Begin by poking holes in the chicken with the help of a fork. Coat the chicken in vinegar evenly. Then add the salt and black pepper and rub them evenly on the chicken. Now add the remaining spices cumin powder, coriander powder, red chillie powder, food colour, ginger garlic green chillie paste, and curd.
- Rub the spices evenly and massage over the chicken for about five minutes. Let the chicken rest for about 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add flour to a bowl. To this add baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and oil. Now add the curd little by little to knead the dough. No water will be used to knead the dough so add curd accordingly. Make it into a soft dough and let it rest for half an hour covered with a wet cloth.
- Over medium heat place a pan and add oil. Place the marinated chicken over the oil and fry it evenly from both sides. Once done, remove from oil and keep aside.
- Transfer the dough to the kitchen counter and roll it into a sheet. Apply pizza sauce and place the chicken fried chicken cut into desired pieces. Add cheese if desired and then apply water on the edges and roll the dough.
- Now, cut the rolled and filled dough into pieces. On a baking tray apply some oil or butter and place the cut pieces from the roll. Apply an egg wash on the top.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees and bake it for 20 minutes. Serve hot!
For birthday parties or play dates, these chicken pizza Pinwheels will make children fall in love with your cooking. The excellent taste of the pizza, the melting cheese, and the soft fried spicy chicken make the pinwheels delicious and yummylicious. For other options, one can always replace chicken with Paneer and add more vegetables for a crunchy texture.