Chicken In Hoisin Sauce: Hot, Tempting Sauce Over Chicken Pieces
- Team Slurrp
Updated : September 10, 2022 09:09 IST
This Indo-Chinese Sauce Is There To Add Flavours To The Recipe
Chicken is that one main ingredient which is loved all across the globe. The craze for chicken is very high among all the non-vegetarians. Just name the word chicken and there will be thousands of recipes available from all over the world. One can find multiple options if going for street foods, other reluctant and elegant recipes could be found in fancy restaurants and cafes. The North Indian style itself has various buttery options available.
This recipe of chicken cooked in hoisin sauce is a bit different. The egg added to the marination makes it tender and the sauce keeps the chicken moist so that it does not turn chewy. The seasonings add flavours to the dish and the aroma from the sauces makes it flavoursome. This recipe has a Chinese flavour present in it because of the sauce in which it is cooked and thus adds an exciting flavour to the tastebuds.
What is Hoisin Sauce
Hoisin sauce is a thick, fragrant sauce commonly used in Cantonese cuisine as a glaze for meat, an addition to stir fry, or as dipping sauce. It is dark-coloured in appearance and sweet and salty in taste. Although regional variants exist, hoisin sauce usually includes soybeans, fennel, red chilli peppers, and garlic, vinegar, five-spice powder, and sugar are also commonly added.
The key ingredient of hoisin sauce is fermented soybean paste and it could be a substitute for the soy sauce.
Chicken in hoisin sauce, Image Credit: Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana@YouTube
- 2 boneless Chicken Thighs, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 Egg
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon crushed Black Peppercorns
- 1-2 green Chillies, chopped
- 2 teaspoon chopped Garlic
- 3-4 tablespoons Corn Flour
- 1 medium Onion
- 2 spring Onions
- 2 tablespoons Oil to deep fry
- 1 green Capsicum, thickly sliced
- 3-4 tablespoons Hoisin Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Red Chilli Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Vinegar
Method Of Preparation:
Making the recipe, Image Credit: Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana@YouTube
- In a mixing bowl, add chicken. Break an egg in another bowl, whisk and add half to chicken
- Add salt, crushed black peppercorn, half the green chillies, one teaspoon garlic, mix and keep aside for ten minutes
- Now add two to three tablespoons of corn flour and mix
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadai, add the chicken pieces one by one and deep fry till golden and crispy
- Drain on an absorbent paper
- Slice the onion and the spring onion bulbs. Also finely chop the spring onion greens and keep aside
- Heat two tablespoons oil in a non-stick wok, add remaining green chillies, garlic and sauté nicely
- Now add the sliced onions and sauté it for one to two minutes or till it changes colour
- Make a slurry of the remaining corn flour
- Add the capsicum and toss. Add the hoisin sauce, red chilli sauce and mix well. Add a little water and mix again
- Add the slurry, mix. Add the fried chicken and toss
- Finally add the spring onion greens, vinegar and mix and serve hot
This hot piping, drooling, delicious chicken recipe is there to hit your taste buds.