Cauliflower Nutrition: 5 Health Benefits Of Consuming This Vegetable
- Tavishi Dogra
Updated : June 03, 2022 04:06 IST
Are you aware of these facts related to cauliflower?
Cauliflower calories and carbs: Cauliflower is not just a versatile vegetable; it has many qualities to make you healthy. You can avoid many health conditions by including cauliflower in your diet. In addition, the readily available cauliflower has many medicinal properties and is a significant part of Indian cuisine. Let us give you information about the other benefits of cauliflower.
Cauliflower Nutrition Facts
- Manganese is essential for making enzymes and for them to function optimally.
- Magnesium: It helps the parathyroid gland to function perfectly.
- Selenium: It helps the immune system to function optimally.
- Zinc: It helps in the formation of new cells in the body.
- Phosphorus: It helps in strengthening the bones.
- Sodium: It controls the level of fluids in the body.
Health Benefits of Cauliflower
- Folate: Cauliflower is also very beneficial in pregnancy due to its folate. Besides, it is also rich in Vitamin A, B, and C, which help the cells grow. This provides a lot of advantages to the embryo developing in the womb. Therefore, a pregnant woman may have at least one cup of cauliflower daily after consulting the doctor.
- Weight Loss: Cauliflower is a high source of fibre that maintains digestion and further aid in weight loss. It also reduces our cholesterol levels. Cauliflower has only twenty-five calories per cup. It can also act as a low-calorie substitute for rice and flour.
- Calcium: The amount of calcium in cauliflower is high, making our nervous system strong. Calcium makes our bones and teeth strong. Along with this, it helps various other body systems to work perfectly.
- Vitamin K: Add cauliflower to your diet to improve the value of vitamin K in your body. Vitamin K performs a vital role in the development of bone cells.
- Boost Immunity: Vitamin C in cauliflower plays a significant role in boosting immunity due to its antioxidants.