Mulethi is a perfect solution for cold and cough.
In an era where immunity and health are top priorities, Indian medicinal culture includes a treasure mine of strong perennial herbs. Ayurveda has traditionally valued herbs like Mulethi or liquorice root for their ability to improve health. Mulethi is a plant that grows in various parts of Europe and Asia. It is used in a variety of dishes because of its inherently sweet flavour. This root's essence is useful for human health in a variety of ways, including being antimicrobial, anti-diabetic, having antioxidant characteristics, and preventing respiratory infections.
Clears Respiratory Tracts
Mulethi consumption by classical Indian vocalists to hone their voices and singing has long been a tradition in India. This is a result of the root's bronchodilator and expectorant properties, which can greatly reduce asthmatic symptoms and also treat cough, cold, sore throat, and bronchitis.
The enzymes in liquorice root produce lymphocytes and macrophages, which defend the body against pathogens, allergens, toxins, and a variety of autoimmune illnesses. As a result, mulethi ingestion regularly has been associated with an increase in immunity and defence against allergies and infections.
Good For Skin
The liquorice root's emollient properties moisturise and soften the skin. When combined with the anti-inflammatory characteristics, it can help treat a variety of skin conditions including pigmentation and skin rashes.
Many stomach disorders, including bloating, indigestion, acidity, heartburn, and constipation, are brought on by the summer and monsoon seasons. The root's carbenoxolone and glycyrrhizin, which act as a mild laxative, instantly relieve these gastrointestinal problems.
Anti-Inflammatory And Rich In Anti-Oxidants
Mulethi's anti-inflammatory properties can reduce the symptoms of chronic inflammatory diseases like heart disease, arthritis, and other conditions. Antioxidants included in the root also prevent free radicals, which are accountable for inflammation and pain in the body, from spreading throughout the body.
Relieves Menopausal Symptoms
For menopausal women, annoying symptoms like hot flashes, mood swings, and insomnia are brought on by hormone imbalance. Drinking liquorice root helps ease symptoms like sweating and hot flashes, according to a new health study on menopausal women carried out in Iran.
1. Apply mulethi powder evenly to the skin after combining it with milk or rose water to treat skin conditions.
2. The teeth and gums' health will be preserved by boiling the root in water and gargling with the resulting warm water.
3. Boiling mulethi in water with 1 teaspoon of tea leaves will provide immediate relief if you are feeling nauseated.
4. Make mulethi tea using 1 teaspoon of tea leaves, 1 teaspoon of grated ginger, or 1 teaspoon of ginger juice to treat cough and sore throat. There is no need to add sugar because the mulethi's sweet flavour will come through in the water.
5. If you don't mind the strong flavour, you could just wash and chew the mulethi sticks.
6. The immunity can be boosted by boiling mulethi sticks with other herbs such ashwagandha and drinking one cup of the resulting kaadha every day.