Beetroot Bars, A Fusion To Your Festive Dessert
- Ranita Ray
Updated : October 15, 2022 04:10 IST
Apart from devouring the decadent Indian sweets, indulge without guilt by adding these beetroot bars
The festive sweet something in India often calls for decadent dishes. Of course, one can't deny their taste, but as we end up overindulging, it may lead to sudden weight gain. There is always a solution to it. Keeping the traditional sweets in place, one can make room for some healthy yet delicious desserts. Make such dessert by using the goodness of beetroots. Instead of laddoos or halwa or kheer, make beet bars. By choosing the ingredients correctly, you can prepare these luscious beet bars gluten-free. They are moist and flecked with white chocolate chips. They make a delicious breakfast treat, snack, or dessert.
The health benefits of beetroot are known to all. This iron-rich root vegetable gives one culinary creative freedom to make unique dishes out of it.
So, this festive season let’s try making these beet bars and indulge without guilt.
- 1 1/2 cup beet puree
- 3 medium beets roasted and cubed for about an hour at 400 degrees
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil -melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raw cane sugar
- 1/2 cup melted white chocolate
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds powder
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
Beetroot bars, Image Source: savoryspin.com
- Begin by preheating the oven to 375 degrees
- Prepare the beetroot puree by blending the beets and the almond milk and grinding it to a smooth paste.
- Melt the cooking or regular butter and mix it into the puree.
- Stirring constantly, add the coconut oil and give it a thorough whisk.
- Simultaneously, in a heavy-bottomed saucepan, take the white chocolate chunks and melt them on low flame. Ensure they aren't getting burnt.
- To the beetroot puree, blend in the melted white chocolate and whisk till it mixes evenly.
- Slowly introduce the cane sugar, vanilla essence, baking powder, flax seeds powder, salt and rice flour and give a thorough whisk
- Pour it in a baking tray or dish
- Layer the peanut butter/butterscotch chips and white chocolate chips on top.
- Place the beetroot mix baking dish into the oven and bake for around half an hour at 375 degrees
- Allow the mixture to cool entirely on its own.
Now, cut it into rectangles or cubes shapes and relish!