Beat The Heat With Yummy Mango Lime Chilli Popsicles
- Team Slurrp
Updated : July 06, 2022 17:07 IST
The sweetness of mango, topped with the fire of chilli
Mango and chilli together, sounds strange, right? One so sweet, the other hot and spicy. But it is summertime and we should keep trying new dishes. Here is one such dish, the mango lime chilli popsicles. The sweetness of mango, topped with the tanginess of chilli will make everyone twist their taste buds.
So, the next time someone wants to have a popsicle, no need to run to the nearest ice cream vendor. Just follow the steps given below and make tasty, hygienic and of course yummy popsicles at home. This easy-to-make dish can be made by anyone, be it children, youth, or even the elderly.
The origin of the popsicle was an accident. In 1905 in Oakland, California, an 11-year-old named Francis William, aka Frank, was mixing a powdered flavouring for soft drinks with water. The drink was accidentally left on the porch overnight, with a stirring stick in it. In freezing cold temperatures, the drink froze and thus was born the first fruit-flavoured popsicle, which is now famous the world over.
Here is a quick recipe for Mango Lime Chilli popsicles, which can be prepared in just 15 minutes and served to up to 8 people.
• 2 tsps chilli powder
• ¼ tsp cayenne
• ½ tsp kosher salt
• 5 very ripe mangoes
• 2 cups plain yoghourt
• 1 lime, juiced
• ¼ to ½ cup agave syrup
• Take a bowl and in it mix chilli powder, cayenne, and salt together. Put it aside.
• Cut one mango into small cubes. In another small bowl, mix the mango cubes with half of the chilli mixture. This also is put aside.
• Next in a mixer grinder, add yoghurt, the rest of the mangoes, lime juice, and agave syrup. Blend until it combines well with good consistency. Taste once and add more agave if needed.
• In a popsicle mould or cup, add a spoonful of the diced mango with chilli.
• Add the mango yoghurt smoothie over the chilli mango mixture, which we prepared in the mixer grinder.
• Insert sticks from the top, if using a mould, or insert a stick in the centre after freezing for an hour so that the stick stays centred.
• Freeze for 4 hours or overnight.
• When completely frozen, put the popsicle mould under warm water for around 15 seconds before pulling it out.
• This helps in easily pulling out the popsicles, without breaking them.
And the homemade, tasty, and hygienic popsicles are ready to be served. Serve them post-dinner or as an evening snack to kids after playtime. The dish is sure to satisfy taste buds and give us a cooling sensation in this hot and sultry summertime. Also, since it is homemade, no worries about the kind of water or fruits that has been used. It’s all fresh and healthy.