After ‘Ande ka Halwa’, Try This Amazing ‘Ande ki Rasmalai’
- Tanisha Salwan
Updated : August 05, 2022 19:08 IST
From omellete to rasmalai, egg has proved its versatility!
Egg is something that has shown its versatility in the kitchen. Right from it being served as an omelette to being served in the form of halwa, egg has never failed to amuse me. I could have never imagined that an egg, that generally remains stacked in a refrigerator, could be transformed into so many mouth-watering dishes.
Wanna know how to make 'Ande ka halwa'? Check out this link: Anda ka halwa
To my amusement, my mother brought me yet another dish made from eggs, and this time, I didn’t believe her. She brought ‘Ande ki rasmalai' and trust me, no one could have guessed just on looking that it was made from egg. Besides, it tasted even better than the regular rasmalai. Neither it tasted nor does it smell like an egg. Moreover, my mother got yet another opportunity of serving a plate of proteins in a different form.
Egg rasmalai is a concoction of milk, sugar, eggs, green cardamoms, and pistachios that can be a perfect solution for sweet cravings. Its preparation time is less than 15 minutes and it tastes best when served chilled. You can make it any occasion be it a family function, get-together, kitty, or even birthday party. Let’s grab the ingredients and try making this amazing delicacy by following these simple steps.
- 2 eggs
- 6 tsp milk powder
- 1 tsp black cardamom (powdered)
- ½ tsp pistachios
- 2 tsp soyaflour
- 3 tsp all-purpose flour or maida
- 3 tsp sugar
- 3 cups milk
- 5 to 6 saffron strands
- Take a pan and heat it over medium flame
- Pour milk and add cardamom, sugar, and saffron. Let it heat
- Meanwhile, take a bowl and mix flour with milk
- Add beaten eggs to the flour and start kneading it into a soft dough
- Divide the dough into 10 to 15 equal portions
- Add the egg balls to the milk and let it cook for 5 minutes
- After it starts boiling, turn off the flame
- Add into a bowl and garnish with saffron strands and nuts
- Keep it in the fridge for 30 mins and serve chilled