Winter Fruit Salad For Yummy Breakfast
- Harshita Malhotra
Updated : December 11, 2022 13:12 IST
Winter fruits are colourful, vibrant, delicious and juicy. Here's a recipe of delicious winter salad which is a great way to kick start your day with juicy energy and vibrant vibes!
This winter fruit salad is deliciously cooling and packed with the freshest seasonal fruits. Because the citrus prevents browning, it is ideal for parties (crisp and pretty even after 4-6 hours in the refrigerator). The "dressing" is just delicious! There is no processed sugar present because honey is used as a sweetener. Your creation will be adored by everyone, especially now that we're all watching our weight in the new year! With this salad, you'll undoubtedly get a good serving of fruit and will be begging for more. The best salad dressing is made with lemon, lime, and honey because it brings out the naturally sweet and tart flavours in every bite.
You May Also Like
1. 1/2 cup sugar
2. 1 1-inch piece ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
3. 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise and seeds scraped out
4. 1 lemon
5. 5 large navel or blood oranges
6. 2 mangoes, peeled and diced
7. 2 firm bananas, peeled and diced
8. 5 kiwis, peeled and diced
9. 12 kumquats, very thinly sliced crosswise, seeds removed
10. 1 cup pomegranate seeds (from 1 pomegranate)
1. In a saucepan, mix the sugar, 2 cups of water, the ginger, and the seeds and pod of the vanilla bean. Wide strips of zest from 1 orange and 1 lemon, peeled using a vegetable peeler, should be added to the saucepan and heated to a boil. For five minutes, simmer over a lower heat. Cool in the refrigerator.
2. While waiting, use a paring knife to peel the remaining oranges by cutting following the fruit's natural curve. Slice an orange in half along each membrane to release the segments, then drop them into a big dish while holding the orange above the basin. To release the juices, squeeze each membrane that is empty. The remaining oranges should be repeated. Gently toss in the kiwis, kumquats, pomegranate seeds, mangoes, bananas, and bananas.
3. Remove the ginger, vanilla, and citrus zest before serving. Fill bowls with the fruit and syrup.
4. Pomegranate fruit should be sliced into quarters and then broken apart in a bowl of water to release the seeds. Drain the seeds after skimming the pith that rises to the surface.