When Have ‘Kuch nahi’ To Cook, Try This Amazing Malai Fry
- Tanisha Salwan
Updated : August 11, 2022 15:08 IST
Did you know that malai has has a high-fat content and boosts energy in the body!!
We often go through this situation when we crave something and your mother says that she does not have sufficient ingredients to cook. Not only this, we too sometimes get in confusion when we do not know what to make for dinner. Sometimes it seems like there is literally nothing to eat. But what if say that we have something that could be made with some spices and an ingredient that must be in every fridge? Yes, when you have nothing to make, you can make malai fry. Not only does it require minimal ingredients but it gets prepared in no time.
Malai could be found in every fridge and yes, it is more than being used in making ghee. Many recipes call for handmade cream or malai, which can be used for everything from food to desserts. However, because of the number of calories in the meal, we must measure it before using it. Malai is indeed rich in nutrients and fats and when consumed in moderation, these nutrients are considered extremely beneficial for the health.
Malai is beneficial in many ways:
- It is very beneficial for the skin. We can definitely ditch rich cosmetic brands and use a thick cream layer of the fat sitting instead. It provides a natural glow, prevents aging, and dark spots, and softens skin. Do not believe it? Try yourself.
- Malai also is helpful in treating kidney stones. This is because malai has calcium and those who suffer from kidney stones, should have malai in a reasonable amount but should not overdo it.
- Moreover, malai has a high-fat content and boosts energy in the body. It also contributes to calorie loss and if you are trying to looses wait, you should beat up some cream with fruits and consume it.
Since we have talked so much about the benefits of malai, let us tell you a quick recipe for malai fry that might look basic but is everything. Malai fry is something that my mom would make whenever we get bored of eating regular Sabji or did not have the time to cook something. Follow these simple steps and make this delight in five minutes.
- 1 cup malai
- 1 tsp dahi
- 2 green chilies (chopped)
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp chat masala
- Salt (as per taste)
- Chopped coriander
- Take a pan and add malai to it
- Now add dahi and turn on the flame
- Add green chilies and give a mix
- Now add red chili powder, chat masala, and salt
- Give a mix and keep stirring
- Do not wait for it to boil
- When it attains a consistency, switch off the flame
- Garnish with coriander and serve
Believe me, this amazingly delicious malai fry could be made in just five minutes. It can go with regular chapati or even bread slices. Made with very basic ingredients, this recipe is a must-try for those who want something that can be made in lesser time. You can also serve it to the guests. Let us know if you liked it.