Want Something Healthy? Try This Tomato Soup
- Tanisha Salwan
Updated : October 01, 2022 15:10 IST
This is going to be the most nutritional tomato soup you will ever have!
Are you also the one who absolutely loves a warm bowl of creamy tomato soup? Well, I am one of you guys. This is not just because soups are tasty but they have other qualities as well. No matter when we have it, be it breakfast, lunch, or dinner, soup can make us feel good and calm in the best way possible. It gives us the energy to work in the colder months while satisfying our appetites with a warm, delicious, and soulful meal.
And when there is a chance to have a bowl full of healthy soup, there could be nothing better. Right? We have brought for you the healthiest tomato soup that you shouldn’t miss. You may be wondering why are we calling it the most nutritious and healthy soup. We will tell you! It is believed that tomatoes yield the best results when eaten raw or lightly blanched. When we cook tomatoes for a long time, they tend to lose their nutritional value and the most essential vitamin i.e., vitamin C.
Keeping this in mind, we have a quick recipe for the healthiest and most nutritional tomato soup for you. This soup is light and will fill your tummy as it just doesn’t have tomatoes but other vegetables as well. Moreover, it has all its nutritional values and tastes yummy. The best part is, you can enjoy it on your fasting days. Amazing, isn’t it? So, let us not waste any further time and tell you the recipe.
- 7 to 8 tomatoes
- ¼ cup carrots
- ¼ cup bottle gourd
- ¼ cup red bell pepper
- ¼ cup potato
- ½ tsp dry rosemary
- ¾ tsp rock salt
- ½ dry oregano
- ¼ tsp black pepper (powdered)
- Dip tomatoes in a hot water for 10 to 15 minutes. Cover them
- After 15 minutes, peel off the tomato skin.
- Cut it in half and take out the seed part.
- Heat a pan and add water.
- Add all the vegetables and cover the lid.
- Let everything cook for like 15 to 20 minutes.
- When done, let it cool for some time.
- Now, take a mixer jar and add all these vegetables.
- Add water and de-seeded tomatoes.
- Add rosemary and grind everything together.
- Add salt, oregano, and powdered black pepper.
- Give it a good mix.
- Pour it into a bowl and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot
Believe me, once you try this healthy tomato soup, you will ask for it more and more!! Let us know if you liked it.