Pamper Your Pa This Father’s Day With Walnut Recipes By Chef Neha Deepak Shah
- Tavishi Dogra
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
This Father’s Day Chef Neha Deepak Shah Shares 2 Exciting Walnut Recipes To Satisfy Your Dad's Cravings
Father’s Day 2021: No one can deny that fathers are our real-life superheroes who are always there to protect us shower their unconditional love on us. With the 20th of June marking the special day to celebrate them, make your papa's ideal meal with the added walnuts and give him the pampering he deserves. Below are two recipes by Chef Neha Deepak Shah.
Griddled Pineapple with Walnut Crust
- 100g finely chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar and maple syrup
- 1 large pineapple, cut into wedges
- 50g softened butter
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Mix the maple syrup, walnuts and spread onto a baking tray lined with baking parchment. Bake for 6-10 minutes and allow it to cool.
- Meanwhile, griddle the pineapple for 2 minutes in 2 batches to give golden bar marks on each side.
- Whisk the icing sugar and butter together in a small bowl until fluffy and pale, stir in the walnut crumb.
- Serve the griddled pineapple with a spoonful of the walnut butter, a drizzle of maple syrup sprinkled with the remaining walnut crumb.
Cook's tip: Try stirring the 25g walnut crumb into vanilla ice cream instead of the whisked butter.
Walnut Panna Cotta
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 100g chopped walnuts
- 3 sheets leaf gelatine
- 300ml double cream
- 200g mixed berries
- 100ml full-fat milk
- 50g sugar
- Grease the dariole moulds.
- Finely chop walnuts in a food processor and add to a small saucepan with the vanilla, sugar and cream. Bring to boil and remove from heat, allowing infusing to cool.
- Soak the gelatine in cold water, now drain and squeeze out excess liquid. Place the milk in a saucepan, heat until steam begins to show; off the heat, stir in the soaked gelatine, and stir until dissolved. Mix into the walnut mixture. Pour into the moulds and chill for a few hours to set.
- Dip the moulds into a hot water bowl and upturn them into small plates. Now serve with remaining mixed fruit and chopped walnuts.