This Vegan Chocolate Donut Recipe Is Worth A Try!
- Tavishi Dogra
Updated : June 03, 2022 10:06 IST
Chef Ravish Mishra (Executive Chef, The Westin Goa) shares an easy chocolate doughnut recipe
Do you often find yourself imagining the softest, puffiest chocolate doughnut that you recently had from your favourite place? And you miss them now when you can’t go out to have it again? What if we say you can make the same chocolate doughnut at home? Be it a simple ring doughnut or a doughnut centre-filled one oozing decadence that is tossed in granulated sugar or glazed with your favourite topping, warm from the fryer, and you can make it all; at home! Sharing secrets of yummy and ‘wholesome glazed doughnuts is a chef from The Westin Goa who has detailed his doughnut recipe for you. On top of that, they are vegan yet packed with goodness!
Vegan Chocolate Donut by Ravish Mishra, Executive Chef, The Westin Goa
- A pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg
- 1/2 cup (122 ml) non-dairy milk
- 2 tbsp refined coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp active yeast
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup (125 g) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp almond flour
Preheat the oven to 180ºc. Grease a doughnut pan.
Directions for the doughnut:
- Warm non-dairy milk (coconut or almond milk) and maple syrup and sugar in a saucepan or a bowl in the microwave. Mix well to combine the sugar. Add yeast and mix in. Let sit for 5 mins to activate. Add oil, vanilla, spices and blend in.
- Add baking powder, salt, flours and whisk to make a soft paste. Let the mixture sit and increase in volume. A few mins later, transfer it to ziplock and pour it into the greased doughnut pan. Serve them more than half to make thinner doughnuts and let the batter sit for 5 minutes.
- Bake at 180ºc/350 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Let it cool before serving.