With some easy-peasy dessert recipes, the celebrity chef has ensured that you come out a winner with some decadent strawberry recipes for your Valentine.
It’s that time of the year again when love and romance take precedence over everything else. Valentine’s Day is just a few days away and couples around the world must be looking for new and creative ideas to impress their loved one. While we do have many ways to express love for our partner - from getting gifts, taking them out on a date to travelling together and so on - but what never gets old is the love expressed through cooking. It isn’t just fun to cook for your partner, but also brings in a personal touch, which signifies love and care. Since food is the love language that everybody speaks, the best way to celebrate this day is to pamper your partner with some delicious treats that you can prepare at home.
And don’t worry even if you are a novice in the kitchen, Chef Sanjeev Kapoor has got your back this time around. With some easy-peasy dessert recipes, the chef has ensured that you come out a winner with some decadent strawberry recipes for your Valentine. So get your apron and start baking!
1. STRAWBERRY AND BLUEBERRY SORBET
Preparation time: 8-10 hours
Cooking time: 0-5 minutes
Tip: Salt brings out the natural sweetness of the berries.
1 cup strawberries, chopped
1 cup fresh blueberries
½ cup Sugar Free Green Powder
A pinch salt
2 tbsp lemon juice
1. Heat green powder in a small deep non-stick pan. Add 1¼ cups water and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add salt and lemon juice, mix and cook for 1-2 minutes.
2. Blend together strawberries, blueberries and the green mixture to make a smooth puree. Strain the mixture in another bowl and set aside for 5-10 minutes.
3. Transfer in an air-tight container, cover and freeze for 8-10 hours.
4. Scoop out and serve immediately.
Image: Chef Sanjeev Kapoor
2. STRAWBERRY CAKE
Preparation time: 40-45 minutes
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
Tip: Replace strawberry essence with vanilla essence if you are unable to find strawberry essence.
1 tbsp + ¼ cup Sugar Free Green Powder
1 tbsp lemon juice
½ cup butter
1½ cups flour
½ tsp baking soda
1½ tsp baking powder
¾ cup yoghurt
½ tsp strawberry essence
1. Remove the stems and chop strawberries.
2. Heat a nonstick pan. Add strawberries and 1 tbsp green powder and cook for 4-5 minutes. Add lemon juice and mix well. Allow it to cool.
3. Preheat the oven at 180ºC.
4. Take butter in a bowl. Add the remaining green powder and beat till light and fluffy.
5. Sift refined flour, baking soda, and baking powder in the bowl and mix with light hands.
6. Add yoghurt little by little and mix well. Add strawberry essence and mix well.
7. Spread a portion of batter in a silicon baking loaf tin and top up with a portion of strawberry mixture. Finally top up with the remaining batter.
8. With the help of a wooden stick, swirl to create a marble effect.
9. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool, demould, slice and serve.
Image: Chef Sanjeev Kapoor
3. STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE
Preparation Time: 10-15 minutes
Cooking Time: 0-5 minutes
Tip: Grind the strawberries, pack in individual zip lock bags and freeze. Use when strawberries are not in the season.
1½ cups sugar-free crackers, crushed
3-4 tbsp melted butter
2 tsp Sugar Free Green Powder
A pinch of salt
Strawberry slices for garnish
1 cup fresh strawberry puree
1 cup cream cheese, room temperature
2 tbsp Sugar Free Green Powder
1½ cups mascarpone cheese
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp lemon juice
A pinch of salt
1½ cups unsweetened whipped cream
1. In a bowl, add crushed crackers, melted butter, green powder, salt and mix well till it resembles wet sand. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, add cream cheese, green powder and mix till well combined and add the mascarpone cheese and gently mix it.
3. Add vanilla extract, lemon juice and mix well. Add a pinch of salt and mix well.
4. Add a portion of the whipped cream and fold the mixture until well combined. Add the remaining mixture and fold well. Refrigerate for 5-10 minutes.
5. For instant cheesecake, in a serving glass, add the crumb mixture and press down to the bottom. Add dollops of prepared cream cheese mixture and top it with sliced strawberries and drizzle a little fresh strawberry puree on top. Garnish with crumb mixture, strawberry slices and serve.